LucasArts re-releases

JDUK

Website
Visit site
Are the games in the LucasArts re-released games pack (Dig, Full THrottle, Sam&Max, DoT i think)compatible with SCUMM emu or do they have some incompatability with the EMU due to possible updates to make them run on new PC's. If they dont work and a web addy for the talky versions of some LA games should fall into my msg box well then that would make my day ;)

Thanks guys

They do work as far as i know, i bought MI1 & 2 (pack) and Sam and Max/DOTT (talkie pack versions) and all files worked ok, ye just dont copy of the voice files

yes it can handle them, but the problem is the voice files are much larger than 128Mb, so they dont fit :)

the demo of DOTT with sound files works fine :)

From what ive heard a new version is in the works to support MP3 versions of the voices, afaik this is already available in the PC scumm, so hopefully wont take too long

Only thing to bear in mind is that Full Throttle/The Dig both have movies too. Which may or may not be supported, but are certainly waaaay above the 128mb limit. And since they're used for near every cut-scene the games aren't what you'd call ideal candidates.

Plus FF has issues anyway (check the scummVM site - its got an extra engine in there that ain't emulated yet in the original ScummVM, let alone the GP one).

Ok, I have the cdrom version of Sam and Max hit the road...its 200mb, how do I/what do I rip out to get it down to reasonable size?

OK, i thik i figured it out. i used the 000 and 001 files plus the exe, it appears ot be working, but is that all i need/can have?

edit:After the 1stl ittle intro plays it seems i have no control over the game. All i can do is press start to save,load, and quit, again edit:hmm i restarted and i skipped the little videos with select, seems to be working

another edit lol: i have nop sound, is this normal?

So can you get sound in Sam and Max? or any scumm games? cuz i dont have osund in sam and max, im suessing im missing some ifles.

Haven't played with this for awhile so I'm not great at troubleshooting, but for voices at least (not sure about other sounds) you need the .sou file. The problem is, the talkie version is too big to fit on an SMC, so you need the non-talkie version. Good luck!

If anyone can send me the non talkie .sou file, that would be great. I have th full talkie version paid for and whatnot,so its not piracy. Please help me out

Hmm... the .sou file certainly contains all the dound f/x, but so far as I could tell the music was elsewhere. Oh well, maybe I was wrong (thought it was in the .000/001 files).

I've always copied the entire dir across, so haven't come across either no music or no sound; although I've always been using floppy vers...

I found (Using Kazaa Lite *Must be lite unless you want spyware!*) the non-talky version of Sam n Max as I bought the full DOTT/Sam n Max CD from game and found the .sou file to be too large to fit on a card. I'd hand over the smaller sound file to anyone who needs it, but it looks like you need the non-talk version of the .000 and .001 files too - The text-speech doesn't seem to work properly if you use the talk data files and the non-talk sound file!!! So I basically had to use all of the non-talk game I DL'd... Kinda makes me a bit peeved I bought the game now! But hey - I've got speech on my PC at least! :)

Not that I'm all for piracy mind, but you might want to try Kazaa light and search for the files! ??? (I justify my actions by the fact that A. I bought the damn game, and B. You can only get the talk versions now!)

OK, i thik i figured it out. i used the 000 and 001 files plus the exe, it appears ot be working, but is that all i need/can have?

edit:After the 1stl ittle intro plays it seems i have no control over the game. All i can do is press start to save,load, and quit, again edit:hmm i restarted and i skipped the little videos with select, seems to be working

another edit lol: i have nop sound, is this normal?
you don't need the exe, just the 000 and 001 files. the SCUMMVM program on the GP32 is the program to run the data files.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back