M3 Simply Or R4?

purple_goat said:
er, regarding English/Chinese versions, dealextreme sell the revised copy (as you can tell from the lack of extra white shell) so you couldn't switch languages B)
*slugs epitaph in the eye*
*knees epitaph in the nuts*
*rips out epitaph's spinal cord*
*screams in epitaph face*
*throws epitaph off a building*
* :angry: *
Ehm, calm down dude :p
And as for revised PCBs, from what I know the language jumper is still there to this day - only the one that controlled whether the card would be in R4- or M3 Simply-mode was removed afaik, but I could be wrong as I don't keep up to date anymore.

Edit: yep, someone confirmed it's still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
epitaph said:
purple_goat said:
er, regarding English/Chinese versions, dealextreme sell the revised copy (as you can tell from the lack of extra white shell) so you couldn't switch languages B)
*slugs epitaph in the eye*
*knees epitaph in the nuts*
*rips out epitaph's spinal cord*
*screams in epitaph face*
*throws epitaph off a building*
* :angry: *
Ehm, calm down dude :p
And as for revised PCBs, from what I know the language jumper is still there to this day - only the one that controlled whether the card would be in R4- or M3 Simply-mode was removed afaik, but I could be wrong as I don't keep up to date anymore.

Edit: yep, someone confirmed it's still there.

see, I was just kidding but whatever
I do believe the jumper is no longer there, although it doesn't matter because it's better still to buy an English one (only a couple bucks difference, so not worth the hassle)

Hey guys

I've been trying to learn more about this GBA flashing cart stuff.
Someone give me an easy answer:

If I buy this Super Card I can just pop a 2gig SD card (loaded with GBA games) in it, put it into my GBAsp or my brother's DSlite and we'll be playing all those roms, no questions asked?

Is there some firmware flashing involved? What's this passkey stuff?

I'll be able to do the same with DS games, provided I have the ROMs?

that would be great, thx alot.

ketchupgun said:
If I buy this Super Card I can just pop a 2gig SD card (loaded with GBA games) in it, put it into my GBAsp or my brother's DSlite and we'll be playing all those roms, no questions asked?

Basically. I'm not sure about the Supercard, but the M3 requires the roms be patched for things like save states and whatnot, but there's really not much to it and the patching software is included when you buy the device.

Is there some firmware flashing involved? What's this passkey stuff?

This is for playing DS games through a Slot 2 (GBA) device. Since the DS is only supposed to be able to play DS games from Slot 1, you need to either flash the firmware to get it to read from Slot 2, or get a device that will sit in Slot 1, boot up, and tell it to read from Slot 2.

I'll be able to do the same with DS games, provided I have the ROMs?

It works about the same as for GBA, aside from the aforementioned passme thing.

Honestly, if you're mainly after DS, I'd pick up an R4 (slot 1, microSD) instead of or in addition to the Supercard. It can be used as a passme if needed, and there's no patching needed for DS games.

Back