Which Is Better?

You should've done some searching...

But I'm not like most people on this site (ie, an asshole), so I'll give you an answer anyway:

This is an M3 simply, The R4 is pretty much the exact same thing as the M3 simply, but has a different skin for its GUI. So, get an M3 real. It is pretty much the same as the other two, but it is newer, has better build quality, and has support for microSDHC cards. Those can get up to 4GB or 8GB. That's only necessary if you want a lot of media on top of a really nice collection of DS games.

Here's a good place to get any of the cards that were mentioned here and more. I don't recommend getting a memory card from there, though. I've read a comment about everything being great there, but their memory cards being Chinese-ripoffs of currently available memory cards. So if you live in the US, I recommend this site to get your microSD/(HC -different link)cards. Unfortunately, I don't know of any good foreign memory card websites.

This should be all you need, man. That "DealExtreme" site has a lot of accessories for your ds as well, in case you want a rumble/RAM pack.

Enjoy! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the help. :) btw i saw that the m3 real on that site was the chinese version and i wanted to use cheats too. So would the cheat menu also be in chinese? That was one of the things i didnt like about the DS link.

You're very welcome. :) The menu is in english, just look at this site for reference. There are even options for soft-resetting and slowing down the game that you are playing. It's very helpful for games that need quick reaction time.

Enjoy! :D

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo said:
oh ok, so its basically a G6 real? also can you speed up games?
The g6 is made by the same company that makes the m3. The g6 is basically an m3 with built-in memory and a different skin for its gui. I think it's actually cheaper to just get an m3. ;) I haven't heard of speeding up games as a feature. The DS is not a very powerful system. I don't think it can get away with speeding up games at its normal clockspeed. Don't worry about that. I can't come up with a reason for making a ds game run quicker. I think it would mess up the touchscreen input, even if it was possible.

I hope you don't get let down by that. I don't think it's an important feature though. If you do get it, then good luck and have fun! :)

EDIT: This was my 1000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not necessarily on topic, but I wanted to point out to any interested parties that the R4 Cheat Editor runs excellently on Linux through Wine.

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo said:
I may just get an R4 because im using ubuntu and its in English. I really dont want to take the risk of having it in chinese.

It seems that all the text is in chinese, like i dont want. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=61187

From the looks of it, and the beginning of the review :rolleyes:, he got a chinese model of the M3 Real. If you're not going to use the microSDHC feature, go ahead and get an R4. They both have 100% DS game compatibility, so that's no problem.

OMars said:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyo said:
I may just get an R4 because im using ubuntu and its in English. I really dont want to take the risk of having it in chinese.

It seems that all the text is in chinese, like i dont want. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=61187

From the looks of it, and the beginning of the review :rolleyes:, he got a chinese model of the M3 Real. If you're not going to use the microSDHC feature, go ahead and get an R4. They both have 100% DS game compatibility, so that's no problem.

yea i noticed. I just dont want to have to wait to get the English version.

ok i finally got the m3 real. Ive searched a lot and i cant find a way to put GBA codes in txt files. when i put codes in they dont show up in the code list. anyone know how to do it?

Back