Mac Iso Ripping?

Well, I'd assume there is some sort of software available for Mac that can make an image of a CD you insert in the drive. That should be pretty much all you need to make ISOs. I believe that "rips" are more where you have cut size down though? Still should be easy, because you should be able to cut the ISO down to make a downsized rip (replacing big movies with "dummy" ones etc) :) Can't try it for myself, don't have a Mac, but still...

=D phantasy star 4, love that game, my avatar is too ;-),
ok so im a total noob when it comes to stuff like this, i got grania 1 in my drive and it shows up fine and stuff, what kind of program shall i be searching for? Cheers,
Matt

Well, I can't help with specific names since I don't have mac, but I'd say you want to be looking for CD copying utilities. Search for something that'll make an "image" of the game CD. An image is an *exact* copy of a disc- not just copying and pasting, it's an exact image of the discs binary information. Some archiving or image reading programs can open the image file and be used to reduce size by various means.

I have Roxio Toast Titanium, duno if its of any use whatsoever :p but ill give it a go =D

*As i have said im clueless with this :( but in "TT" you can drag files then make a copy, ill try it now...

*Ok, my last attempt at something went wrong just now lol, but i now found that you can "Mount The Disk Image" is this anything useful at all? cheers for putting up with my stupidity

*"Save as disk image" This could be good?

*nope, no use :( ill keep on searching :)

I know you can easily make disc images (.dmg) on a mac, but I don't have much experiance with ISO files and have not clue how to make them.

(I do own a mac)

An application which should work for this purpose is NTI Dragon Burn, the free trial for which can be obtained here. It describes how to create image files of the data tracks from your discs in its help file.

Be aware that it will display what appears to be an error message once any given data track has been copied, informing you that the resultant file is a raw data track and not a true ISO because the source disc is not "Mode1" (as an aside, double-clicking the file will give an error telling you that the disc image cannot be mounted). However, as far as I am aware this isn't a problem for using the files with GP2PSX, since apparently you are supposed to change the extension from .iso to .bin anyway.

you can make .toast images with Toast and .dmg images with apple's own disk copy, but neither will work in most emulators.

ISOlator will make ISOs from pretty much anything

http://stuporglue.com/static/soft/isolator.php

(disclaimer: I am not affiliated with ISOlator in any way, shape, or form.)

and if you're looking for any mac software at all, searching keywords at versiontracker.com will nearly always come up with something.

Back