Mac On Pandora?

Diggle PERCY

Still Fresh
So I've tried searching (for some reason the search isn't working but I've googled a little bit) and I was wondering if there is an emulator (probably Basilisk II) that could run a classic Macintosh environment. If I ever got a Pandora I think it would be awesome to play something like Sim Tower with a touch screen on the Pandora. (other awesome games, <abandonware link removed> )
So sorry if this has already been asked. I've been looking at the Pandora for a couple years now and even though I don't plan on plunking down 350 or so bucks on it I was just wondering!
Thanks

You're not the first person to mention Basilisk.
Simple answer is it's possible, and may even work well.
Of course, it'd be a lot of work and optimization, and I don't think there's anyone interested enough to dedicate that kind of time, yet. Maybe once a few hundred more developers have a Pandora, one of them will be interested.
Incidentally, SimTower also had a Win3.1 release. We have seen Win3.1 running in DosBox, and the SimTower requirements fall within the theoretical ability of the Pandora's DosBox port, so it's entirely possible that you'd be able to play it that way, if you were interested. A lot of other games from that era probably had both Windows and Mac ports. Or Amiga ports; we've also got an Amiga emulator.

I though you meant osx, so I almost died laughing.

anyway, yeah, sounds like a good idea to port it to the pandora.

(theres a macintosh plus emulator for the DS, but I dont know if that has anything to do with this...)

Com64 said:
I though you meant osx, so I almost died laughing.

Although that begs the question of if iOS can be run on the Pandora... That would be pretty cool, running your iStuff Apps from a LiveSD... Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, Apple doesn't seem to care too much about their older technology: their image is all about the future.

What I'm interested in is seeing an emulator running in a custom boot environment (a stripped out version of Linux, like MaxPuppy, which is about the most efficient-yet-usuable Linux setup I've ever seen) which uses NEON and (if at all possible) the DSP to help with the emulation.

That and game-by-game speed hacks. Lots of speed hacks.

@Speculant

That is the most epic post I've ever read. I almost died laughing. :D

Back