Mac Os 9 Emulators

Fyvve

Website
Visit site
So i just acquired a free Imac with OS 9. I dont know anything about Macs but like i said it was free. I thought i would put a few emus on it. The problem is i cannot find any for os 9. Its all for os x. I dont want anything major, NES is really all i want though genesis would be cool. Anyway i thought someone here may know something. Oh and does anyone know what generations of iPod will work with os 9? Ive got itunes version 2 running on it right now. Thanks!

By the way, if you want to get rid of your old ipod that works wtih os 9 i will probably buy it. Let me know

Yes there are OS9 emulators.
The windows version of Sheepshaver emulates a PPC CPU even!
Running OS9.2 on it currently, doesn't do network support like Basilisk II has for OS8 but that might be included some day.
The emulator is very fast!

And of course there are emulators supported under OS9, the older versions of Richard Bannister run under OS9.x search the net for them.
Zophar.net might also have a listing of emulators still supported under OS9.
Power64 has version running under Os92 (c64 emulator!)

Cheers, Mark

I think he meant any emulators *for* it not *of* it although I'd love to get early fruit emulator working. I had an SE+.

If you want emulation though your best bet is an upgrade, go for a linux distribution. It will be more modern than mac os 9 and cheaper than any other upgrade. http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

Thanks for the links. Linux sounds like a good idea. Ive wanted to learn a bit about it anyway. SO whats the best distro for a complete newbie? I would like it to not be too limited. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back