making a new bios.....

In fact a PC-link should also be built in just in case you don't have a PC-Link FXE on your SMC :) (Ok, a reader could save you there, but still...)

well, even if i did f*** up my gp32 i could build a jtag cable to program it with.iirc the thing about a jtag cable is (i think) that it can program the firmware without having a program running ;)

GNMX's Firmware WIP

Version 0.01
---------------
- After flashing, GP32 bursts into flames, and swears voraciously if the volume is audible.

Things to do
--------------
Stop GP32 from bursting into flames.

But seriously, when did this become about making new firmware? I'm still interested in somehow flashing the BIOS to make it access that 32MB. We'll get the GP64i in, what, 2006? I don't know if I can wait that long. Maybe we can coax Gamepark into releasing the source code (prob. in asm) for the BIOS, and the proper tools to compile the binary correctly.

well, if you want to make it recognize the 32mb you would have to disassemble the bios ;) not just the firmware. the (normal) firmware consists of two parts: the bios and the gxb that the bios runs. you would have to edit the bios part not just the gxb ;)

i hope that was right and you understood :lol:

Back