Mame 3.2

spyhunter

Still Fresh
I have just got my GP2X and running MAME on it... but how come most of the roms loading come up with an error, I have followed the gamelist set for the exact roms to be used but only a few of them work?

Any Suggestions or something I should be doing?

Thanks.

I have just got my GP2X and running MAME on it... but how come most of the roms loading come up with an error, I have followed the gamelist set for the exact roms to be used but only a few of them work?

Thanks.

The readme included with GP2X MAME clearly says you need 0.34/0.35 ROMS for this to work. The latest version of MAME ROMs will mostly NOT work (though the odd one will).

This sounds like the problem you are experiencing.

In short: You need to use 0.34/0.35 MAME ROMs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks.

The readme included with GP2X MAME clearly says you need 0.34/0.35 ROMS for this to work. The latest version of MAME ROMs will mostly NOT work (though the odd one will).

This sounds like the problem you are experiencing.

In short: You need to use 0.34/0.35 MAME ROMs.

Where do I get the list for 0.34/0.35 romsets??? And where do i get them as I only have the latest ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse the silly question but whats the difference and how would i tell which version of the romsets i have...
I am using the named rom like it states in the readme file (gamelist) but they are still not working?

Please advise. Sorry for the rather dull question but I'm new to all of this and help would be very much appreciated.

Back