Mame Aint Mame Without R-type...

anton8232

Still Fresh
i know franxis is doing an awesome job on the mame emulator, but where the hell is R-TYPE ???
isnt it about time it was done once and for all, has to be the greatest arcade game ever made !!!

OOo i just noticed that too. Try the PC-Engine version, its pretty good.

slaanesh said:
R-Type was available in 0.36 of MAME, unfortunately GP2X MAME is based on 0.34/0.35.
It would require a serious amount of work to get R-Type working with GP2X MAME.
You can try Atype a freeware rtype clone that is really excellent on the Amiga, but I don't know if it's compatible. There is also Rtype for the Amiga which is an excellent port as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
R-type is the main reason I use MAME on my PC.

It's a pity that the GP2x version does not support it.

But as quartecast said, I have been using de PC Engine one, which is pretty close to the arcade one.

Nevertheless, the GP2x version of MAME is still great, and it supports many other games worthy of your time!

slaanesh said:
R-Type was available in 0.36 of MAME, unfortunately GP2X MAME is based on 0.34/0.35.
if you look on franxis's site youll see the new version is 0.36 !!!
but aint on the romlist as yet ....

anton8232 said:
slaanesh said:
if you look on franxis's site youll see the new version is 0.36 !!!
but aint on the romlist as yet ....

I thought it was still based off of 0.34/0.35 and just uses drivers from 0.36 for certain games. From what I hear it's a real pain for take games from 0.36 and get them running in MAME2X.

Back