Mame And Artwork In Gp2x Game Design

namco

Website
www.stupendous-stuff.com
if this has been asked before i do apologise. I did try and use the search function on the bottom of the gp2x section and it didn't work for the two items i asked for - i could be doing it wrong...anyway:

mame
I've just added some games onto mame and one of the games was terminator 2, has anyone managed to get past the setting of the gun sights when the rom asks for the second player's gun calibration??

when using clnmamepro (i think its called that), to recode the roms into something that the MAME gp2x can read, on gauntlet 2 it ignores one of the files when rebuilding then asks for it when you are trying to find out what missing files it needs - when i go home from work tonite i'll reupdate this to say which it is, although i'm hoping someone would know which file i mean.

artwork
when you've drawn artwork for the gp2x, have you started big (with details) and resized it or not? Is there any tutorial on here for that type of artwork (sorry i'm not a regular on these forums). I'm currently using photoshop if that is any help?

Thanks.

namco posted on Oct 24 2006 at 02:43 PM said:
if this has been asked before i do apologise. I did try and use the search function on the bottom of the gp2x section and it didn't work for the two items i asked for - i could be doing it wrong...anyway:

mame
I've just added some games onto mame and one of the games was terminator 2, has anyone managed to get past the setting of the gun sights when the rom asks for the second player's gun calibration??

when using clnmamepro (i think its called that), to recode the roms into something that the MAME gp2x can read, on gauntlet 2 it ignores one of the files when rebuilding then asks for it when you are trying to find out what missing files it needs - when i go home from work tonite i'll reupdate this to say which it is, although i'm hoping someone would know which file i mean.

artwork
when you've drawn artwork for the gp2x, have you started big (with details) and resized it or not? Is there any tutorial on here for that type of artwork (sorry i'm not a regular on these forums). I'm currently using photoshop if that is any help?

Thanks.

1. To use player 2 controls, you would need USB Joypads or wait for the next MAME GP2X version, in which case all joypads will be used with the GP2X Builtin joypad when there are no connected joypads...
(it is an easy modification on input.cpp, if you want the modified file PM).
2. I suppose is a clrmame problem, please update to the last ClrMAME version.
3. Usually i use the gp2x size (320x240) to do not loose detail when shrinking the image. I do not use photosop, i use the old paint shop pro 4.0 (it runs ok for pixel modifications, the newer versions seems to retouch the contiguous pixels)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back