Mame, Can't Exit Program!

gamefan999

I know the docs say "press L & R & PUSH (?)", but all I get is a paused screen. It stinks having to turn off the GP2X just to change games. Is there a real way to exit a running game in MAME? Thanks.

I know the docs say "press L & R & PUSH (?)", but all I get is a paused screen. It stinks having to turn off the GP2X just to change games. Is there a real way to exit a running game in MAME? Thanks.

by L+R+PUSH I think the "PUSH" refers to the joystick "button" (you push it down on the joystick to click it rather than one of the directions). So do all those 3 at the same time and you should exit to the rom selection screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for that info. It really isn't obvious what "psh" means, after all! It works when I do it the way you suggest.

Do you know how to access the menu config options that you get after you select a game, but beforwe you "confirm"? I'd like to remap some buttons and mess with frameskip. Again, the docs are a little inadequate. Thanks again.

Doesn't the right shoulder button ("R" in gpeex-speek) open the MAME context menus? And the same for MESS also.

Back