Mame Gp2x 2.8 W.i.p

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
- New and faster threaded sound core... A lot faster, i'm still surprised, no more slowdowns in games like Iron Horse, Black Tiger, ...
- More stable MMU hack...
- Some compatibility fixes...
- Support for up to 4 USB Joypads...
- etc...

what's about the old sega racers? Franxis, is there any hope that games like outrun, enduro racer, hang-on will be supported by your excellent mame emulator? And what is about Pole Position?

I know, they are not 0.34, but still?

Franxis posted on Sep 25 2006 at 03:33 PM said:
- New and faster threaded sound core... A lot faster, i'm still surprised, no more slowdowns in games like Iron Horse, Black Tiger, ...
- More stable MMU hack...
- Some compatibility fixes...
- Support for up to 4 USB Joypads...
- etc...

Such a short topic, incredible news, and no link... is this a troll?? :lol:

more seriously, threaded sound core means, using the 940?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, please keep up the good work!

Estaremos esperando la proxima version con ansias!

kevcal posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:53 AM said:
Any chance the 'fast' samples in invaders can be speed-corrected - ie it's currently playing 8kHz at 11kHz?
Franxis is not working on the samples, it's probably my responsibility. I have a solution to this and the samples now play correctly. Same for DK. Will release soon.

BTW - nice work on the sound for GP2X Franxis - looking forward to seeing this in action!

>>And what is about Pole Position?

Yes, I've been working on getting this one going too. And Wardner. And a few others.

Converting from post-0.34/0.35 can be difficult...

Thats great news, will Trojan work in this new mame? It seems to be the only game that
doesn't work right. :)

slaanesh posted on Sep 26 2006 at 02:01 AM said:
Any chance the 'fast' samples in invaders can be speed-corrected - ie it's currently playing 8kHz at 11kHz?
Franxis is not working on the samples, it's probably my responsibility. I have a solution to this and the samples now play correctly. Same for DK. Will release soon.

BTW - nice work on the sound for GP2X Franxis - looking forward to seeing this in action!

Yes, I've been working on getting this one going too. And Wardner. And a few others.

Cool do you think the static on some sounds (chest beat, girders falling in intro) in DK will be fixed and maybe more sounds working on DKjr? If so do you think they would make it into the GP2X version?

Thanks for all of the great work.

reiboul posted on Sep 26 2006 at 04:36 AM said:
more seriously, threaded sound core means, using the 940?
Probably not.

Threading is a method of multitasking bits of code. Threaded code can run on a single CPU or multiple CPUs, however the Linux on GP2X doesn't recognize the 940 as a second CPU.

DaveC posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:47 PM said:
Cool do you think the static on some sounds (chest beat, girders falling in intro) in DK will be fixed and maybe more sounds working on DKjr? If so do you think they would make it into the GP2X version?

Thanks for all of the great work.

Oh yes, I got most of the sounds working on DKjr.

There is no change in quality of sound though. This will require a better playing sample playing mechanism.

slaanesh posted on Sep 26 2006 at 04:01 AM said:

Pole Position, one of my favourites, cool to hear that. Will it work on the forthcoming gp32 version as well?

And what's about the mentioned Sega racers (Outrun, Enduro Racer and Super Hang-On)? System 16 is supported and I heard that the Outun hardware is only an adaption of System 16. So, it should be possible. What do you think?

EDIT: I googled around. Outrun is a speacial hardware and Enduro Racer and Super Hang-On run on the Space Harrier arcade system, should be difficult though

nixeon3x posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:02 AM said:
Thats great news, will Trojan work in this new mame? It seems to be the only game that
doesn't work right. :)

It works with the existing MAME GP2X 2.7 (standard executable, video and audio clock at 100%).

slaanesh posted on Sep 26 2006 at 02:01 AM said:

Slaanesh, you are doing an incredible work!

You have to use the new sound core with the GP32...

slaanesh posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:01 AM said:
Excellent news - sorry to go on about the samples ;)
All sounds impressive - no idea how things can be improved from what I've seen, but am looking forward to it.

Back