Mame Gp2x 4.7

How come The Simpsons isn't on the gamelist? (the 4 player arcade game produced by Konami in 1991) It uses the same engine as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game, also made by Konami (which is on the gamelist).

cyclone5uk said:
How come The Simpsons isn't on the gamelist? (the 4 player arcade game produced by Konami in 1991) It uses the same engine as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game, also made by Konami (which is on the gamelist).
Sorry, but The Simpsons runs off of the Konami X-Men hardware, which isn't emulated in this Mame yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
geise69 said:
cyclone5uk said:
Sorry, but The Simpsons runs off of the Konami X-Men hardware, which isn't emulated in this Mame yet.

Sorry to post so long after the above reply, but something had been bugging me and I’ve just worked out what:

The X-men Arcade game came out in 1992, but the Simpsons game came out in 1991.

Also, the latest issue of Retro Gamer magazine said that the Simpsons arcade game definitely used the same hardware as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game. Are they wrong?

slaanesh said:
The Simpsons game uses an unsupported (in GP2X MAME) CPU called the "KONAMI" which is a derivative version of the 6809.
This CPU gets supported in v0.36 of MAME.
Ah right. So what you're saying is that this mysterious "KONAMI" CPU is like an update of the 6809 which ran the Turtles game. So it is accurate to say its based on the turtles hardware, but not running on it directly. That clears up my confusion, thanks.

In that case, what I'd really like to know is when will GP2X MAME be able to support V0.36 MAME roms? Or are they too advanced? If it can handle Sega System 18 I would have thought it could also manage this Konami hardware?

Back