Mame Gp2x 4.7

Lazrhog said:
darkman said:
WOW!! Outrun full speed!!

Hmmm, isn't full speed on mine. It is if I turn the sound off though, which is OK by me. Well done Franxis.

Had to rename the rom files myself though :-(

I'm overclocking at 266mhz. I have music, but I don't think all of it is fully emulated. There seems to be certain notes missing. I have the voices, "Get Ready." But I do have full speed. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome release :)

outrun O M G !!!!!!!!
(yet it was tricky to get it to work... needed to rename some files clrmamepro did not do the job :)

muchas gracias franxis

but.. Enduroracer, bayroute (any version) crashes my gp2x
also fastmame crashes gp2x after quitting any sys 16 game

pongplaya said:
awesome release :)

outrun O M G !!!!!!!!
(yet it was tricky to get it to work... needed to rename some files clrmamepro did not do the job :)

muchas gracias franxis

but.. Enduroracer, bayroute (any version) crashes my gp2x
also fastmame crashes gp2x after quitting any sys 16 game
Enduro Racer -> Yes, it doesn't work.
Bay Route (e.g. set 1) -> Runs perfectly, check your romsets.
Fastmame crashes gp2x after quiting any sys16 game -> Yes, it is a known problem.

nixeon4x said:
Thanks Franxis and Notaz Superman works again, but why is the game slower now? :blink:
No, it doesn't work for me... It still seems to have the same issue (pauses during the gameplay).

Lazrhog said:
Hmmm, isn't full speed on mine. It is if I turn the sound off though, which is OK by me. Well done Franxis.

My recommendation is 'fast' executable, 280 mhz, fs<=2, sync off. It seems fullspeed almost all the time... But i agree some work is still required to be fullspeed with less frameskip :( .

Excellent work! But, I can't play them... Is anyone else having problems obtaining / converting using CLR MAME?

I have ROMS for MAME v1.09 and hardly any will convert back to 0.36 or whatever version it is we are on. The question is, where on earth / how on earth do I sort this? PMs accepted as it's obviously not legal to discuss how to obtain ROMS.

Response to a message from "wgp2x" in the GP32x File Archive comments:
I don't know if you have the same problems but sf1 it is without the voices,sf2 is slow it is it worked better in the v.4.3,rolling thunder me from error,total mute pac-land,moon wolker doesn't work,I have the impression that there is problems of sound with all the games cps-1,those sega they are now all right but a times the voices provoke decelerations,apart this it works to the great one,indeed a good job!!!

Street Fighter 1 without the voices -> Yes, it is like in previous versions.
Street Fighter 2 is slower than previous versions -> I don't think so. Somebody else notices this problem?
Rolling Thunder doesn't work -> Yes, it works, standard executable, video & audio at 100%.
Pac-Land doesn't have sound -> Yes, it is like in previous versions.
Moon Walker doesn't work -> You have the use the Moon Walker (bootleg) version to run ok.
Problems with the sound in CPS-1 games -> I haven't noticed it. Somebody else notices this problem?
Sega System 16 voices provoke decelerations -> It is not a problem of the voices, the System 16 games requires a lot of power to be played correclty, i suggest to increase the GP2X clock frequency, decrease the video and audio clock, use the sync off option, play with the frameskip different settings, etc, until you get satisfactory settings...

skeezix said:
.... *shudder*

Anyone tried Quartet/quartet2?

If thats playable, there will be much joy, songs will be sung, beers quaffed, and all my future work delayed indefinately.

Someone let me know so I can cut work early :p

jeff

ed: Franxis as always -- awesome work; its tough to keep at one project for so long. I will have to check out the updated Notaz-hacked core too .. nice one guys! :)
Yes!, Quartet/Quartet2 run without noticeable problems for me...
But don't play so much, we need your work !!! :D
Thanks, Jeff!.

Franxis said:
Enduro Racer -> Yes, it doesn't work.
Bay Route (e.g. set 1) -> Runs perfectly, check your romsets.
Fastmame crashes gp2x after quiting any sys16 game -> Yes, it is a known problem.
Actually there are some Sys16 games that don't crash when using fastmame.

Aurial
E-Swat(bootleg)
Heavyweight Champ (can't punch though)
Riot City

BTW would it be possible to add all the other Sys16 games. I know they didn't get added till 0.74u2 so it might be difficult since mame has changed drastically since 0.36b4. Just wondering if it's a possibility. I hate to ask for a request since I don't really ever do this but I noticed Raiden got added with the 0.36b01 release and Sunset Riders, Simpsons, and TMNT2 got added with 0.36b02. Is it possible you might be able to add these games in a future release? Well I guess that's a couple requests...sorry. Anyways thanks again for this awesome release!

slaanesh said:
NSCXP2005 said:
do you think it would ever be possible to run Killer Instinct on the gp2x?
No, Killer Instinct is a 100Mhz arcade machine with 3D hardware I believe. It's in the "fairly unlikely" category.

exactly, Killer Instinct runs on Nintendo's Ultra 64 Hardware which became later the N64

geise69 said:
Actually there are some Sys16 games that don't crash when using fastmame.
Aurial
E-Swat(bootleg)
Heavyweight Champ (can't punch though)
Riot City

BTW would it be possible to add all the other Sys16 games. I know they didn't get added till 0.74u2 so it might be difficult since mame has changed drastically since 0.36b4. Just wondering if it's a possibility. I hate to ask for a request since I don't really ever do this but I noticed Raiden got added with the 0.36b01 release and Sunset Riders, Simpsons, and TMNT2 got added with 0.36b02. Is it possible you might be able to add these games in a future release? Well I guess that's a couple requests...sorry. Anyways thanks again for this awesome release!
Yes, there are some System 16 games that don't crash... I will try to solve the problem......
About to add other System 16 games, it is really difficult. I don't know if i will spend time on this.
About Simpsons and Sunset Riders, i want to add them, but probably it will be very hard...

Well I was just wondering how difficult it would be for the other sys16 games. It's probably not worth your time since it's those games probably aren't in high demand by other people to have in mame. I'm sure most people would love those 3 Konami games to be added but I'm guessing even though it's from an early version of mame doesn't mean it's not that difficult to add. You've already done way more than I would've hoped for in this mame. At least those Konami games aren't on the GX hardware haha.

Quartet works :) Man, been hoping this would show up in Franxis' MAME for so long .. *mindblown*

Franxis -- many many thanks. I'll kick a donation in soon :)

jeff

Hey thanks manm

But i cant seem to get moonwalker to work, and i can't seem to find the wright bootleg version to cause it doesnt even load it :S

DTH said:
Hey thanks manm

But i cant seem to get moonwalker to work, and i can't seem to find the wright bootleg version to cause it doesnt even load it :S
You like Moonwalker? Gee, I never would have guessed! :-D

Willow and Wardner play really really well; I've tried them before, but damn .. :)

Too bad Super Sprint is med or high res :p

jeff

darkman said:
Lazrhog said:
darkman said:

I'm overclocking at 266mhz. I have music, but I don't think all of it is fully emulated. There seems to be certain notes missing. I have the voices, "Get Ready." But I do have full speed. Nice.

Yes the same here...At 250Mhz the game is fully playable but the sound it´s a bit strange...maybe something it´s missing....

arquillos said:
darkman said:
Lazrhog said:
darkman said:

Yes the same here...At 250Mhz the game is fully playable but the sound it´s a bit strange...maybe something it´s missing....

ok mine goes up to 295, and the sound is a bit strange too

DTH said:
Hey thanks manm

i did d/l the current mame roms and clrmame pro to fix it. and it works....
(did not work for outrun however..)

chaos engineer said:
arquillos said:
darkman said:
Lazrhog said:
darkman said:

ok mine goes up to 295, and the sound is a bit strange too

noticed another music bug.... when you select music and press right on the pad that music track (splash wave)will not load... (cannot press start )

Back