Mame Gp32 2.1 Released

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
MAME GP32 2.1 has been released!

MAME GP32 2.1

If there are any issues, please let me know either in this or the MAME forum.

Lots of new Data East games - both 8-bit and 16-bit including Robocop, Midnight Resistance, Heavy Barrel and Shackled!

Also an updated Gradius driver which now includes Salamander/Lifeforce.

Lots of other improvements and fixes.

- Slaanesh

sooo sweeet i have been waiting for this.. watching.. waiting.. day by day.. like a vulture, hungrily perched on a cactus.. slobber dripping down from it's mouth, as it anticipates it's slowly approaching, oblivious prey..

closer.. ever closer..

anyway i am gonna load up robocop and gaplus 1st things 1st. what else should i check out??

DROP IT!!!!

Thanks for your kind words everyone. The GP32 is a nice console and it's good to keep it going. Looking forward to your next release Franxis :D

Robocop seems to be missing some sounds - like DROP IT and THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION, etc. I'm aware of this and I'll check into this for the next release. It's probably something to do with the fact that the curent GP32 release only supports the BOOTLEG version and not the "real" version. I'll see if I can add the other versions.
Mind you the real versions have an extra CPU which would mean it will be a little slower with sound enabled (but should be fine for the GP2X version!)

i'm in love with my Gp32 all over again, between this new version of mame and my finally getting the Atari 800 emu to work.

This is freaking awesome though, Robocop was one of my all time fav arcade games, now its in my pocket.

Wow, really great update! Ive been playing Major Havok all day, and alot of other games are running near full speed with sound @ 133 (tempest, for example). The emu itself is aslo much faster, takes alot less time to load up games and such.

I am having trouble playing data east games though; a real shame, esp considering how great robocop and Midnight Resistance are. Perhaps my rom dumps are bad or not the correct version? Im so bad with this whole ClrMame stuff; anyone have a good tutorial?

slaanesh- this is awsome, many thanks!

triksR4rabits posted on Apr 21 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
I am having trouble playing data east games though; a real shame, esp considering how great robocop and Midnight Resistance are. Perhaps my rom dumps are bad or not the correct version? Im so bad with this whole ClrMame stuff; anyone have a good tutorial?

Check this post - it's not a step by step guide but it allows you to do some manual tinkering with the contents of ZIP files - which is okay if you only need to do one or two: Converting ROMs

If you need more help I can do a specific Data East guide. Many of the current ROMs should work using this as a guide (I believe). Remember, "converting" will only work if it's a simple renaming of the filenames within the ZIP file. There's no magic fix for "converting" ZIPs that aren't there in the first place!

Wow! Major Havoc is a great little game - just tried it out! Love getting suggestions about games to play - especially ones I've never seen before. Thanks!

Also, if people could spare 1-2 minutes to update the checklist at WarmFluffyUK's website for MAME GP32 that would be great.

I can use it as a guide to fixing problems with specific drivers/games. ie. good for noting problems with games.

Thanks WarmFluffyUK for the checklist!

Last edited by a moderator:
there's tons of links to old versions of mame roms on the net too.
here is a hint.. if you want to play robocop.. the readme notes that you need a file called robocopp (note the two p's) - i don't believe the newer versions of mame use this rom, so..

maybe if you try doing a search for robocopp.zip you can find your solution rather quickly, alongside several other useful roms.. give it a shot!

as stated already, only the bootleg version works, so you want to look for Robocop(bootleg), not Robocop(J) or Robocop(U).

Now only if Devastators was a supported game... :)

Angel posted on Apr 21 2006 at 09:39 PM said:
as stated already, only the bootleg version works, so you want to look for Robocop(bootleg), not Robocop(J) or Robocop(U).

Now only if Devastators was a supported game... :)
Hmmmm Devastators... yes I remember that game... Unfortunately it uses a CPU currently not supported (HD6309)... which means it may be difficult to get going. Not impossible, just difficult.

Anyone else interested in Devastators?

How about Pole Position? :D

Same story for Pole Position though, uses a CPU currently not supported (Z8002) :(

If anyone with ARM assembler skills is interested in a challenge, then feel free to write a 6809 ASM core? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i love you (not in a gay way though)....

supperb release..... Bubble bobble fullspeed OMG (and the sound is almost there...)
+ Salamander & life force (still slow tough.. but it makes the games much easier :)
+ data east !!

i wasnt so happy since i 1st heard of franxis do a port :)

so far everything i've tried has worked except for Double Dragon, game list has it as bootleg, still i cannot get it to load, and Bubble Bobble. It loads but i get a white bar at the side of the screen with real slow jumbled sound.

Back