Mame Outdated?

CKeichel said:
Most games today don't have good graphics, they only have hires textures. A game like "Okami" on the PS2 or "Fragile Dreams" on the Wii has, in my opinion, much better graphics, then any "Gears of War", "God of War" or "Modern warfare", cause they both have a visual style, which most HD games lack. And because of this, I prefer a homebrew shooter from Kenta Cho like "Tumiki Fighters" or a game like "n", both have so much more visual style and are gameplaywise much more interesting then many games from companies liek EA or Activision.

Sure today there are problems with graphic design... anyway there are games very nice like Mass Effect. Current generation is almost flawed, too much time spent on quantity and less on quality.. and there is far less ispiration. It's nice to have the chance to take a deep breath on classics.

@ Tux.King: If someone will make some homebrews like Captain Blood or something particular I will join too. From a video I haven't find anything exciting about Cave Story.
I find more interesting a game like this: http://hol.abime.net/1556 anyway even that required an 8 people's team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many 8-bit and 16-bit games don't have sound in Mame4All. Would this be resolved if an updated version of Mame is ported?

rsuryase said:
Many 8-bit and 16-bit games don't have sound in Mame4All. Would this be resolved if an updated version of Mame is ported?

I think it's unlikely, that anybody will adapt a more recent version of Mame in Mame4All, so in short, I think, the answer is No.

klikklak said:
Emulators are legally dubious so they can't really hire emulator developers. It's a good first step that they're selling arcade games though. Sort of, they're drm free aren't they though?
Emulators are perfectly legal and have even been released commercially by major software companies such as activision. You are sorely misinformed on the subject.

Chris

Back