Mame!

find it. I never liked megaman wasnt even a snes fan went from c64 to snes so i dont know anything at all about him. I did make a few avatars but they just looked a bit 2 wierd like the walrus from kirby has him dancing n shaking his ass but didnt look to good hehe.

I was thinking of maybe changing it to this:
makman.gif

:ph34r:

I've still got all the parts for a MAME machine sitting in my work room. I started building it about 2 months ago, but I cut some panels wrong, and gave up (temporarily) in disgust. It's a great project, I just don't have the attention span for it.

My project is actually a portable MAME machine. It's a 24""x10"x6" acrylic box with 2 player, 6 button controls and a trackball on the top. Inside is a MicroATX motherboard & power supply, a 7 gig HD with a complete MAME 0.69 romset, and a VGA-TV converter. On the outside will be standard RCA audio and video jacks. You can take it wherever you want, plug it into a TV, and you're ready to go.

The easiest way (even I could do it) to have a MAME arcade cabinet is with the products from Ultimarc. I am currently using their J-PAC.

Building a MAME cabinet was simple a matter of plugging the J-PAC into the jamma connector of the arcade cabinet and plugging the two cables into the vga and keyboard of the PC.

After that I used the excellent AdvanceMame to set up the cabinet and started playing. The whole proces took me a day. The most problems where cause by the setup of my audiocard.

After this you can start enhancing your cabinet with trackballs and the like.

Total cost:

One PC - as cheap/expensive as you want
One 28inch JAMMA Cabinet - 300 euros including a NeoGeo four slot board with 4 games of choice :D
One JPAC - 70 euros including shipping

I still have a half finished mame cabinet i just need to put the control panel in and buy a tv then im done but i can't be bothered i have to file 4 holes into metal :\ take ages. And i can't find any metal drils big enough

I want one of these cocktail kits http://www.arcadedepot.com/ as
a) i'm my wood work skills aren't that brilliant :p
B) I live in an apartment the last i laid wood flooring i had to cut it all in the living room and sawdust got evey where, if i had a garage i would give it a go.
c) Getting a pre made one costs an absolute bomb! £2499!!! but that include pc parts but would rather do the pc myself anyway as i enjoy building pc's anyway.

But unfortunately they are based in the states :(

Hey sky snapper what country r u in?

www.arcadecontrols.com there board will have people to buy kits and old cocktail cabs in your country.

I post on that board but now gp32x has taken over.......the pain.....THE HUMANITY :blink:

Back