Mame

G

Goemon4

Just what the title says...what are some good mame games (cause ive actually never really used mame before)

Thanks
-Goemon4

Just what the title says...what are some good mame games (cause ive actually never really used mame before)

Zoo Keeper!!!!! Robotron sound effects and fast action!

theyre all free, so get as many as you can and load them all. get used to the explorer function on gp2x. make a file called ROMZ or something in the same directory as the ROMS file so you can cut and paste roms you dont like into that. why not just delete them? because i found that when you delete some clones, the original version doesnt work. this way you can put it back where ever you are. ive started with about 400 roms and am slowing whittling it down. should get it down below 100 i think...

Last edited by a moderator:
i kinda know how to work it (read me) but d oi have to go through all the troubble of renaming files like for gngeo2x? (if not then hell i wonder how well it plays metal slug 3?) but thanks for all the info (i found a great mame site so im gonna gtry some today)

Here's some of the games I like to play, not in any order and some have already been mentioned:

Berzerk
Phoenix
Pacman
Gauntlet
Scrambled Egg
I'm Sorry
Kung Fu Master
Defender
Gorf
Asteroids
Moon Cresta
Elevator Action
Sinistar
Scramble
Moon Crestar/Quasar
Mappy
Lode Runner
Klax
Joust
Galaxian
Flicky
Donkey Kong
Dig Dug 2
Burger Time
Wizard of Wor
The New Zealand Story
Tapper
Space Firebird
Silkworm
Pulsar

Here are some that have become favorites with me,

Black Widow
Juno First
HigeMaru
Millipede
Ninja Kid 2 (no sound :( )
Robotron
Sinistar
Star Trek
Star Wars
Tempest
Time Pilot 84
Varth
Stargate

I seem to find myself playing these more than any of the other games that I have loaded up for mame.

Since making a post on this thread, I've been reading “The Ultimate History of Video Games” by Steven L. Kent this week. I am over half way through it right now. It has been very rewarding just loading up games as they are talked about in the book and playing them on my GP2X. This mame emulator has been one such emulators. It has made the book come alive as I am living through the history and playing the games at the same time. Recommended reading and playing. Especially for those that were not there to remember.

Back