Mame32

bigSEXYc

Website
Visit site
hi i was just wondering if anybody here uses MAME32 to play any oldskool games.

and if yes, then what games are u guys playing?

also on lik sang they have this usb Playstation controller adapter that lets u play with 4! Playstation controllers isnt that cool.

well the games im currently playing are:

TMNT turtles in time
X-men (the four player one)
The Simpsons
Mortal Kombat II
and the Metal Slugs

these are the games that i play with my buddies while we are drunk.

oh yeah, ive seen many sites where ppl have built their own MAME cabinets from scratch, i think those look soo cool. If anybody has any info on how much it cost em or where i can get some cabinets from old arcade games please let me know. (A Mortal Kombat II cabinet would be nice)

mattmagoo

OFFICIAL
Website
Visit site
I prefer to use Kawaks and I play:

- Captain Commando
- 19XX
- Baseball stars 2
- King of Fighters 99
- Marvel vs Capcom COTS
- X-Men COTA
- Metal Slug
- and finally PANG!!

mattmagoo

OFFICIAL
Website
Visit site
its full speed and its completely illegal, but since no arcade round here has any SNK games its the only way to play em, and i got a £7 DC arcade stick and a £10 DC-PC controller port, theres a tincy wincy bit of lag buit £17 is better than £70 for the X-Arcade

EDIT: sorry the PC versions full speed, at the mo. the GP32 isnt

pubjoe

Website
Visit site
Yeah it's cheaper but it aint authentic. Depends how fussy you are really but once I held an X-Arcade stick in my hands, I had to have one. The build quality is really high and is as close as you can get to the real thing without a full size cabinet.

Oh, and if you add an inch or two to the base you can squeeze in a micro ATX system, with a TV out graphics card of course :) ...okay I haven't actually done that but would love to if I had the time ;)

Evangelion

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I love MAME, from old skool 1942-3, to Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, to the baddest SNK has to offer.

I decided to fork over the $100 for the X-Arcade stick and man, nothing can stand up to a bunch of rowdy drunks thrashin Last Blade 2 and KOF 2003 like this thing ^_^

I'd love to see some of those old Capcom games on my GP32, but I can't imagine what that'd take. I read a few times on this site and some others that a select few *praises them* were well at work trying to accomplish something like this. Keep up the hard work guys and cheers to you!

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
pubjoe posted on Mar 28 2004 at 03:27 AM said:
Yeah it's cheaper but it aint authentic. Depends how fussy you are really but once I held an X-Arcade stick in my hands, I had to have one. The build quality is really high and is as close as you can get to the real thing without a full size cabinet.

Oh, and if you add an inch or two to the base you can squeeze in a micro ATX system, with a TV out graphics card of course :) ...okay I haven't actually done that but would love to if I had the time ;)
sounds like a job for www.mini-itx.com, but seriously, I've been wanting one of those things for ages, the price tags just a bit too high.

Question: Does anyone know what the best/most stable version of mame is, since there is so many? I use mame32 but I'm wondering if the Linux versions might be a better platform...

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic Knight

spend money on an arcade stick ?

madness..

buy an x-box
chip it
and use x-box controllers

metal slug on the tv with xbox controllers - just - fucking - brilliant

skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
Allright you mamers where can i get latest flyers packs the only site i can find uses file planet... and the average que time is 53 mins considering there appears to be 11 packs..this is a royal pain in the proverbial rear end!

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
finty101 posted on Mar 27 2004 at 02:56 PM said:
is mame on the gp32 at full speed? is it illegal like most other emus?
Emulators arn't illegal (unless they contain ripped code from machine roms). Having a copy of the game ROM you're playing without owning the original is illegal....

Last edited by a moderator: