Mame32

bigSEXYc

Website
Visit site
hi i was just wondering if anybody here uses MAME32 to play any oldskool games.

and if yes, then what games are u guys playing?

also on lik sang they have this usb Playstation controller adapter that lets u play with 4! Playstation controllers isnt that cool.

well the games im currently playing are:

TMNT turtles in time
X-men (the four player one)
The Simpsons
Mortal Kombat II
and the Metal Slugs

these are the games that i play with my buddies while we are drunk.

oh yeah, ive seen many sites where ppl have built their own MAME cabinets from scratch, i think those look soo cool. If anybody has any info on how much it cost em or where i can get some cabinets from old arcade games please let me know. (A Mortal Kombat II cabinet would be nice)

I prefer to use Kawaks and I play:

- Captain Commando
- 19XX
- Baseball stars 2
- King of Fighters 99
- Marvel vs Capcom COTS
- X-Men COTA
- Metal Slug
- and finally PANG!!

its full speed and its completely illegal, but since no arcade round here has any SNK games its the only way to play em, and i got a £7 DC arcade stick and a £10 DC-PC controller port, theres a tincy wincy bit of lag buit £17 is better than £70 for the X-Arcade

EDIT: sorry the PC versions full speed, at the mo. the GP32 isnt

Yeah it's cheaper but it aint authentic. Depends how fussy you are really but once I held an X-Arcade stick in my hands, I had to have one. The build quality is really high and is as close as you can get to the real thing without a full size cabinet.

Oh, and if you add an inch or two to the base you can squeeze in a micro ATX system, with a TV out graphics card of course :) ...okay I haven't actually done that but would love to if I had the time ;)

I love MAME, from old skool 1942-3, to Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, to the baddest SNK has to offer.

I decided to fork over the $100 for the X-Arcade stick and man, nothing can stand up to a bunch of rowdy drunks thrashin Last Blade 2 and KOF 2003 like this thing ^_^

I'd love to see some of those old Capcom games on my GP32, but I can't imagine what that'd take. I read a few times on this site and some others that a select few *praises them* were well at work trying to accomplish something like this. Keep up the hard work guys and cheers to you!

pubjoe posted on Mar 28 2004 at 03:27 AM said:
Yeah it's cheaper but it aint authentic. Depends how fussy you are really but once I held an X-Arcade stick in my hands, I had to have one. The build quality is really high and is as close as you can get to the real thing without a full size cabinet.

Oh, and if you add an inch or two to the base you can squeeze in a micro ATX system, with a TV out graphics card of course :) ...okay I haven't actually done that but would love to if I had the time ;)
sounds like a job for www.mini-itx.com, but seriously, I've been wanting one of those things for ages, the price tags just a bit too high.

Question: Does anyone know what the best/most stable version of mame is, since there is so many? I use mame32 but I'm wondering if the Linux versions might be a better platform...

Last edited by a moderator:
spend money on an arcade stick ?

madness..

buy an x-box
chip it
and use x-box controllers

metal slug on the tv with xbox controllers - just - fucking - brilliant

Allright you mamers where can i get latest flyers packs the only site i can find uses file planet... and the average que time is 53 mins considering there appears to be 11 packs..this is a royal pain in the proverbial rear end!

finty101 posted on Mar 27 2004 at 02:56 PM said:
is mame on the gp32 at full speed? is it illegal like most other emus?
Emulators arn't illegal (unless they contain ripped code from machine roms). Having a copy of the game ROM you're playing without owning the original is illegal....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back