Mame4All Beta

Pinballwzd

I had a couple questions and see if others have the same issue.
1)I have been playing a few titles on Mame4All, specifically 1942. I read before on the forums about the popping sounds with the music so I know that this is nothing I can do much about. The things that bothers me more is the ghosting that occurs specifically in this game. You can see a definite trail behind the bullets and planes.
Is there any way to correct his in settings ?

2) I went to the Display settings in Xfce to see if I could adjust anything and there are no options to change.
There are 3 settings, resolution, refresh and rotation but you cannot change any of them. It looks like there is a drop down menu for each option but nothing comes up.
Is this the way it currently is or is there something wrong with my unit ?
3) I have heard others mention changing global display setting to set defaults like TV that have helped with Ghosting but I do not know where the setting are..

I am using the latest Hotfix Beta.

David...

I hadnt noticed much if any ghosting myself, (only on occasions when Mario64 has been borked due to a failing LCD cable) but you can test the lcd settings available via "settings>lcd settings>manage lcd gamma" from under the main menu. Hope you get sorted :)

Chaser said:
I hadnt noticed much if any ghosting myself, (only on occasions when Mario64 has been borked due to a failing LCD cable) but you can test the lcd settings available via "settings>lcd settings>manage lcd gamma" from under the main menu. Hope you get sorted :)

Thanks,

I tried to make changes but did not notice any difference. Still lots of residual blur ( ghosting )after objects move like the planes and bullets.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.. Maybe it is my screen ???

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Try messing with brightness/gamma. Unfortunately, the screen is just a bit slow. I don't know if ALL screens are like this, but mine definitely is. You're only options are messing with brightness/gamma.

There seems to be something weird going on with mame and ghosting, because I haven't noticed ghosting to this degree in any other application.

For example, try Shinobi. You can see it right away, but if you play to the second level, the amount of ghosting is horrible, much worse than I've seen on any LCD display.

Could this be a software issue?

pder said:
There seems to be something weird going on with mame and ghosting, because I haven't noticed ghosting to this degree in any other application.

For example, try Shinobi. You can see it right away, but if you play to the second level, the amount of ghosting is horrible, much worse than I've seen on any LCD display.

It's unlikely to be a software issue - I've just played Shinobi through to the second level and there is very little ghosting at all - much less than 1942, for example, and that's barely noticeable.

D.

Dunny said:
pder said:

It's unlikely to be a software issue - I've just played Shinobi through to the second level and there is very little ghosting at all - much less than 1942, for example, and that's barely noticeable.

D.

Interesting, thanks for trying it. I will have to experiment some more. Just to clarify, by the second level I meant beat the first boss and complete the bonus stage. The ghosting that I see on this stage is definitely not subtle. The dark lines between the tiles really are quite blurry when scrolling.

Back