Mame4All Dingoo V1.1

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
MAME4ALL Dingoo v1.1 released.

dingoo_splash(gauntlet)-0.png

Summary of whats new in 1.1:

- Implemented Video Scaling option "Scale Horizontal".
- Implemented Video Scaling option "Scale Best".
- Implemented Video Scaling option "Scale Fast".
- Implemented Video Scaling option "Scale Halfsize".
- Implemented Volume option.
- Fixed crash bug with Pole Position with sound on.
- Fixed credit/start button bug with Galaga.
- Fixed slow down issues with Asteroids.
- Added SELECT+Y as an alternative means of accessing the MAME menu.
- Switched toolchain/libc. Small increase in speed of most games.

For more details and download see MAME4ALL Dingoo homepage.

EDIT: I've uploaded again. The link is now there. Please download now!

Hi Slaanesh :)
Am I missing something, or the link on your homepage is still pointing to 1.0 release? ^_^
Keep on with this great piece of app!

Thanks. My Dingoo finally came this morning. This will be the first thing I try on it!

I uploaded the new file but it looks like it's still not updated. I believe it has to be updated manually.

So... Until it says v1.1 don't download. It's been about 24 hrs since I uploaded it - I don't know how long it takes to upgrade. If it's not changed by tomorrow morning (Australia time) will re-upload to a new file slot.

tappy said:
Thanks. My Dingoo finally came this morning. This will be the first thing I try on it!

Don't forget to install Dingux first!

Last edited by a moderator:
slaanesh said:
I uploaded the new file but it looks like it's still not updated. I believe it has to be updated manually.

So... Until it says v1.1 don't download. It's been about 24 hrs since I uploaded it - I don't know how long it takes to upgrade. If it's not changed by tomorrow morning (Australia time) will re-upload to a new file slot.

Sorry again slaanesh, ED is the only person that can update the archive (as far as i know), And he has not been around for a few days.

ED is usually pretty good at updating the archive, And i don`t think it will be to long before he does.

I hope this has not put you off in anyway, And can only apologise on EDs behalf.

Trooper

this is really a great improvement: I like the scale options and also the fact that you do not see linux running in the background anymore. Thank you very much for this.

chaos engineer said:
this is really a great improvement: I like the scale options and also the fact that you do not see linux running in the background anymore. Thank you very much for this.
Thanks, it's good to get some feedback. Much appreciated.

Plans for next release include:

* Dingoo Screen brightness control. Will be similar to the volume control and available as a per-game setting. Probably overkill but it's consistent with the other options.
* Better speed. Probably just an extra frame or two as there is some assembler that will be included here and there.
* Additional larger games working (hopefully). Not all large ROM games are going to work and in fact some will never work as the Dingoo is just too short of RAM and MAME doesn't support caching.

This is going to be largely addressed in the other port I'm currently working on - as it does have caching - Final Burn Alpha :)

hi slaanesh! Thank you for your effort on Mame4all :D
i've a question... after selecting a game from the list, there are some option.. these options should be "per game", aren't these?
I've set "Rotate Best" for 1943 (works like a charme!) then i went back to rom list, I choose any other game and the option "Rotate Best" is always there... any suggestions?

Sasha said:
hi slaanesh! Thank you for your effort on Mame4all :D
i've a question... after selecting a game from the list, there are some option.. these options should be "per game", aren't these?
I've set "Rotate Best" for 1943 (works like a charme!) then i went back to rom list, I choose any other game and the option "Rotate Best" is always there... any suggestions?
The last "per game" setting that you make becomes the new default setting for all games that don't already have a "per game" setting.
So in your example, you selected 1943, set the options and played the game.
When you exit, if you play another new game that you have previously not played before it will inherit the settings from the last game you played.

Nice work slaanesh,

MAME is one of my favorites. THANKS!!!

slaanesh can you confirm "Joe & Mac" (cninja/cninja0) crash when you press "L+R+Select" during game? (the game itself runs)
Dingoo has to be resetted via reset btn..

slaanesh said:
Sasha said:
slaanesh can you confirm "Joe & Mac" (cninja/cninja0) crash when you press "L+R+Select" during game? (the game itself runs)
I'll have a look at it.
Yes, it does crash. I haven't found the problem (yet) but i'll continue to look.

slaanesh said:
slaanesh said:
Sasha said:
I'll have a look at it.
Yes, it does crash. I haven't found the problem (yet) but i'll continue to look.

This problem seems to affect all Data East Corporation games with the HuC6280 CPU, 58Hz frequency, and 256x240 or 240x256 resolution:

cninjau , Caveman Ninja (US ver 4) , Data East Corporation , 1991 , .035b08
cninja1 , Caveman Ninja (World ver 1) , Data East Corporation , 1991 , .035b08
cninja , Caveman Ninja (World ver 4) , Data East Corporation , 1991 , .035b12
cbusterj , Crude Buster (Japan) , Data East Corporation , 1990 , .036b02
cbusterw , Crude Buster (World FU version) , Data East Corporation , 1990 , .036b02
cbuster , Crude Buster (World FX version) , Data East Corporation , 1990 , .036b02
darksealj , Dark Seal (Japan) , Data East Corporation , 1990 , .036b13
darkseal1 , Dark Seal (World revision 1) , Data East Corporation , 1990 , .033b07
darkseal , Dark Seal (World revision 3) , Data East Corporation , 1990 , .035b06
gatedoom1 , Gate of Doom (US revision 1) , Data East Corporation , 1990 , .035b06
gatedoom , Gate of Doom (US revision 4) , Data East Corporation , 1990 , .035b01
madmotor , Mad Motor , Mitchell , 1989 , .036b12
joemac , Tatakae Genshizin Joe & Mac (Japan ver 1) , Data East Corporation , 1991 , .035b08
twocrude , Two Crude (US) , Data East USA , 1990 , .036b02
kuhga , Kuhga - Operation Code 'Vapor Trail' (Japan revision 3) , Data East Corporation , 1989 , .036b01
vaportrau , Vapor Trail - Hyper Offence Formation (US) , Data East USA , 1989 , .036b01
vaportra , Vapor Trail - Hyper Offence Formation (World revision 1) , Data East Corporation , 1989 , .037b02

Back