Mame4all For Gp2x V1.0

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
The new MAME port for the GP2X is ready...

It is based on MAME 0.37b5 and it has support for 2240 romsets. It was first shown in the RetroMadrid 2008 fair on 8th march in Madrid (Spain)...

The following changes have been done to the version shown in the fair:
- No more lock-ups.
- Configuration files per game.
- The sound volume can be changed in rotated modes (VolUp or VolDown + START).
- The sound volume is not reset after a pause.
- Documentation added.

For more information and the download, visit my web page:
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

holy shit! holy shit! Awesome! Now I know where to donate my last few paypal dollars to! Edit: Done!

Muy bien Franxis! Muchas Gracias Chico!

Lol... my spanish is so utterly rudimentary... I plan on rectifying that this semester at university though. I will take lesson as an extracurricular course!

Cool thanks Franxis.

The freezing seems to be fixed :)

I can't get vector games to work (graphics corruption).

Thanks for the great work. This is a fantastic emulator. :)

This looks great. I'm relatively new to the GP2X I suppose (I've had my GP2X for about 6 months) and I haven't really used MAME (I tried it recently, but not much). Hopefully this will be fun!

Thanks

Thanks for the update Franxis, but I notice that fullscreen scaling and the autofire option is gone,
will these features be included in a future update? :ph34r:

nixeon4x said:
Thanks for the update Franxis, but I notice that fullscreen scaling and the autofire option is gone,
will these features be included in a future update? :ph34r:
Look under "screen aspect" for scale options. Autofire is for wimps :p

Ok I think I found how the settings thing works. If a game doesn't have settings saved for it it will take the same settings that you set for the last game. If you want different settings for the current game then you change them it then saves those settings for that game automatically (and also saves the same settings for any game that you haven't touched yet too). It kind of confused me at first, it is kind of a rolling config thing. It makes sense after you figure it out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having the same problem as davec with vector graphics. also is there a way to change screen orientation and aspect ratio after starting a game. If not there should be cause there was in the previous mame for gp2x

jbrodack said:
I'm having the same problem as davec with vector graphics. also is there a way to change screen orientation and aspect ratio after starting a game. If not there should be cause there was in the previous mame for gp2x
For the vector games, try with the following options:
- Video Sync: DblBuff
- Video Aspect: Scale

Tell me if it works, i don't have the GP2X near me...

Mythical Franxis there are hopes for support romset 0.37b15 ? (I love US Championship Vball :p )

jbrodack said:
Is there a way to change screen orientation and aspect ratio after starting a game?. If not there should be cause there was in the previous mame for gp2x
No, there isn't such possibility. In the previous port it was possible because there were a lot changes and tweaks over the original MAME source code. In this new port i want to avoid it as much as possible. This is why the tweaks are passed from the frontend to the MAME executable through the command line...

frocco said:
Mythical Franxis there are hopes for support romset 0.37b15 ? (I love US Championship Vball :p )
The port is an early stage, i want to fix all the bugs in the current version before starting to add games from newer MAME versions... Anyway i take note about your suggestion... ;)

Nice piece of work, Franxis! Most games seem to be more stable with this release.

Just one question: How is the parameter for use with Gmenu2x? In the old MAME version [selFile] was used, but this seem not to work with the curent release...

Regards,
Stephan

Well I remember when X-Men was first added to DOS MAME and it had preliminary sound. Is it even possible to add the fixed sound from a newer X-Men driver to this one without it being really slow? BTW Thanks again for this release. I was waiting for the original Air Buster to be emulated. I know the pc-engine version and Genesis/Mega Drive versions are close, but there's nothing like the one I used to play religiously in the arcades. Same goes for the recent Konami games. Your fine work is greatly appreciated! :)

"Master of mame" Franxis :) can you add to the "to do list" a fix for the horrible sound in game like rygar? (in the latest mamegp2x there was a "first step" to fix the sound driver).

sbock said:
Nice piece of work, Franxis! Most games seem to be more stable with this release.

Just one question: How is the parameter for use with Gmenu2x? In the old MAME version [selFile] was used, but this seem not to work with the curent release...

Regards,
Stephan
Sorry but i have never used Gmenu2x... I don't know who added external frontend support to MAME GP2X (frontents different to the Gamepark Holdings one). I will clone the code to be supported on MAME4ALL as well.

Regards.

Franxis' work is fantastic, and I will soon be off to Paypal to make a donation!

I have been successfully using Mamegp2x 5.1 for a little while now. I've noticed though that this new version doesn't seem to work with a fair proportion of the games which 5.1 worked with (e.g. burger time, marble madness...).

I get "ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run". Any ideas?? They worked in Mamegp2x 5.1

Sorry to be a whinger!! I hope this feedback helps!!

Great work on on the MAME stuff you've been involved with! :)

Back