Mame4all Gp2x 1.6

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X with the following news:

- ASM cores are selected automatically (according to an internal compatibility list).
- Several optimizations and hacks have been implemented in the sound cores (selectable with the fast sound option).
- Changes in the Neo·Geo memory management to be able to play more games with the limited GP2X RAM (64 MB). Also a separated executable is internally called to play the Neo·Games (to gain more RAM). New playable games: aof3, blazstar, fatfury3, kizuna, kof95, kof96, mslug2, ninjamas, pulstar, ragnagrd, rbff1, samsho3, shocktro, whp.
- Raster effects are disabled in some of the Neo·Geo games to gain speed.
- Optimizations in M72 games (R-Type, Hammerin' Harry, Ninja Spirit, etc).
- Several optimizations in memory handlers, sprites, tilemaps, timers and CPU interfaces.
- Sound fixed in some games (e.g. Frogger). Also some hang ups are solved.
- Psycho Nicks Oscar fixed.

Download it in my web page:
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Happy new year!.

:) :) :) muchas gracias amigo

tested a few stuff... games that dont like dr z80 (sega sys 16/18 Irem ) stay with black screen and lock my gp2x,outrun still crashes with drz80 enabled :(
without dr z80 irem games are quite playable @250 mhz :) road blasters still dont like cyclone

i only got 2 wishes left.... WWF wrestlefest (its slooow in fburn) and optimizations in namco driver :) :)

muchas gracias por il magnífico emision :)

pongplaya said:
tested a few stuff... games that dont like dr z80 (sega sys 16/18 Irem ) stay with black screen and lock my gp2x,outrun still crashes with drz80 enabled :(
without dr z80 irem games are quite playable @250 mhz :) road blasters still dont like cyclone
muchas gracias por il magnífico emision :)
Of course, there are no changes in the Cyclone and DrZ80 compatibility. But if you delete old configuration files in the 'frontend' folder you will not need to remember the compatibility of the cores. If you make a clean install all games will be launched with the correct combination of ASM cores. Anyway i will try to improve the ASM cores compatibility in the following versions.

Thanks and regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the updates; very much appreciated. :)

Question... does (or will) MAME4ALL have any support for external front-ends?

Manjuu said:

Yes it does (replacing mame.gpe executable), but there are no external front-ends :(

Franxis said:
Manjuu said:

Yes it does (replacing mame.gpe executable), but there are no external front-ends :(

Yippee! Nice work.
Didn't know this was on the horizon. Hadn't updated my SVN sources for a while.
What's wrong with the standard frontend? Seems nice to me.

Whoa! What a gift!

Thank you Franxis, I wish you (and to all the others obviusly) an happy new year!

Franxis said:
Manjuu said:

I actually already tried that with FeMAME, it throws an error. Does it expect some other parameters that FeMAME does not send?

slaanesh said:
Yippee! Nice work.
There is nothing wrong with the standard one... it's just that FeMAME had features that were really nice and useful like favorites, filtering, and searching, plus screenshots. :p

Manjuu said:
Franxis said:
Manjuu said:

I actually already tried that with FeMAME, it throws an error. Does it expect some other parameters that FeMAME does not send?

slaanesh said:
Yippee! Nice work.
There is nothing wrong with the standard one... it's just that FeMAME had features that were really nice and useful like favorites, filtering, and searching, plus screenshots. :p

femame had some decent features but was pretty out of date even on the old version of mame (before mame4all) so not every game would show up right. it was never updated for mame4all and so doesn't work with it. so either the author would have to update it or someone would have to come up with a new front end.

anyway I find the default front clean and easy enough to use so I have no problem sticking with that. If you have tons of roms some filtering might help though.

jbrodack said:
[...]

femame had some decent features but was pretty out of date even on the old version of mame (before mame4all) so not every game would show up right. it was never updated for mame4all and so doesn't work with it. so either the author would have to update it or someone would have to come up with a new front end.

anyway I find the default front clean and easy enough to use so I have no problem sticking with that. If you have tons of roms some filtering might help though.
I did kept mine (manually) updated though... :lol:

Yeah, the standard front-end for MAME4ALL is indeed clean and easy to use, but it would be nice to have some of the features found in FeMAME.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone involved. :)

Back