Mame4All Gp32 V1.1

Very good news for GP32 owners. I don't have a GP32 but I love my GP2X and hope to use it for a long time yet. Are there any plans to update Mame4All for the GP2X? We haven't had one for a long time.

slaanesh said:
I've got a most excellent updates for GP2X and Wiz. Some nice new additions and some nice speed ups too!

I've sent some emails to Franxis but have not received a reply yet.

Must get you one of the new dev Pandora units.

Last edited by a moderator:
slaanesh said:
I've got a most excellent updates for GP2X and Wiz. Some nice new additions and some nice speed ups too!

Great news for GP2X users. Many thanks Slaanesh, I'll be looking forward to the next update

craigix said:
slaanesh said:

Must get you one of the new dev Pandora units.

Give one to Franxis as well.

Thanks Slaneesh, I finally must format my old SM card once more, to try out some games on Mame4All, I didn't use my GP32 in years, lately I'm using the Dingoo alot. But I like that fact, that you stick to this little thing, that started the whole handheld homebrew thing.

slaanesh said:

I haven't coded anything in several months. I want to release a new GP2X/WIZ version in march (in the RetroMadrid 2010 fair www.retromadrid.es). Please, Slaanesh, release the source code of your ports to be able to watch your changes :). Happy new year to everyone!!!.

@slannesh

I'm very impressed that you still support such old dinosaurs as the GP32. Very nice! Kudos!
Also good to know there are some improvements for the GP2x and Wiz possible...

@Franxis

Nice to see you back. Your plans sounds good to me. Good luck and a happy new year!

Regards,
Stephan

WOW!I like to use my gp32x over the gp2x because of the better controller and longer battery life. Thanks, I'll be checking it out this weekend!

Chris

Franxis said:
I haven't coded anything in several months. I want to release a new GP2X/WIZ version in march (in the RetroMadrid 2010 fair www.retromadrid.es). Please, Slaanesh, release the source code of your ports to be able to watch your changes :). Happy new year to everyone!!!.

Please PM me your email address and I will send you example executables. I've compiled MAME4ALL for GP2X with profiling and the speed improvements are significant. Maybe 20% in cases where assembler cores are not used - like M6809 games. :)

I've already uploaded some changes to the SVN repository which includes changes to set volume on startup.
I've also made fixes to exidy and exidy440 games which weren't running.

Nice. I gave my GP32 to a cobber back home last time we visited a few years back. What a bloody mistake that was.
I'm flying back there in April and am going to offer to swap for my GP2X.

The GP32 was and is the finest handheld emulator I've yet encountered.

Thanks for keeping developing Mame - you just can't beat the sweet clicky joystick and the boot time.

Back