mame4all issue

CAZMIESTER

Has anyone had an issue with mame4all where it quits to desktop or minimenu when you select a game it was working brilliant until this bug appeared any suggestions. :unsure: :blink: :(

If its doing it to games that previously worked for you, have a look in the appdata folder for hidden files called .aufs.xino and delete them. If there arent any, try deleting the appdata folder entirely, obviously move your roms and saves first and then re-run the mame4all.pnd to create a fresh folder and try again. Thats the first things I would try anyway.

Have you had these games working previously, or have the games where you encounter this never worked for you in the first place?

If it's the former, you may want to move your game files elsewhere, delete the appdata folder for MAME4All, and then run MAME4All, close it, put your games back where they're supposed to be, and try again.

If it's the latter, you may want to read this guide, but instead of version 0.106 as the guide mentions, you want to get them to work with version 0.37b5, as 0.37b5 is the one which MAME4All is based on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you had these games working previously, or have the games where you encounter this never worked for you in the first place?

If it's the former, you may want to move your game files elsewhere, delete the appdata folder for MAME4All, and then run MAME4All, close it, put your games back where they're supposed to be, and try again.

If it's the latter, you may want to read this guide, but instead of version 0.106 as the guide mentions, you want to get them to work with version 0.37b5, as 0.37b5 is the one which MAME4All is based on.
yes have right romset for mame4all basically same set i used for gp2x mame currently using xbox mameset 84 for 106 as cant seam to find clrmamepro dat config file for 106 but to answer your question yes all games worked before it seams to have happened after hotfix5 update.cheers
caz :D :)

Gah, I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest, then. Everything's been fine since installing Hotfix 5, for me (well, there are one or two bits of odd behaviour, but not like the MAME issue you're having).

I think rescuing your files, removing the appdata folder, and starting over might be worth a try, though, given this. It can't do any harm, at least! :p

Cheers prometheus wish mcards were faster got a class 10 32gb and thats the files just copied over hope the comunity gets behind this have seen enough in 3 days to put any other handheld to shame sh2 emulation full speed 68ec020 not far behind a few more tweaks to mame 106 and well have the ultimate portable arcade system (just wish someone would post a link to mame 106 roms as 84 is pretty patchy anyways happy days

caz :D :) :p :rolleyes:

Hi just want to apologise for almost instructing you to delete your entire Appdata folder, rather than the mame4all folder within it, as Prometheus corrected me on. Tired with the kids! :(

Glad you got it sorted though :)

^ Basically, with a Linux system, you can only touch your own stuff (so, the stuff on your SD Cards, and the stuff in your home directory on the NAND), and if you try to mess with anything else you'll be prompted for your administration password (which, for those less experienced with it, can probably be described as a bit of a "You shouldn't do this" red flag).

If, by a "full restart", you're meaning how to set it back to its factory state, that's done by reflashing the firmware. The instructions and info for that should be here (obviously, you'll lose any tweaks you've done to the OS, and will need to reinstall the Community Codec Pack if you have it installed).

Back