Mame4All - Updated Romlist

jimmyme

Still Fresh
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about getting an updated Romset supported for MAME4ALL.
Does anyone also want this and know of a way to get it happening? or is it already in the works?

Thanks for any info and help
Yimmy ^_^

_they live, we sleep_

Hi dude, there is a reply to that question posted in other section of the forum... The thing is that Caanoo (and some other handheld platforms) can't handle higher mame versions becouse of the way the emulator works. Seems that it does not have enough cpu power to run mame version higher than 0.35b or something. It might be possible (big MIGHT) with some long long long optimizations on the code... but I don't see it happen in the short run.

Hope it helps.

E.-

idarwin said:
Hi dude, there is a reply to that question posted in other section of the forum... The thing is that Caanoo (and some other handheld platforms) can't handle higher mame versions becouse of the way the emulator works. Seems that it does not have enough cpu power to run mame version higher than 0.35b or something. It might be possible (big MIGHT) with some long long long optimizations on the code... but I don't see it happen in the short run.

Hope it helps.

E.-

Hei E
Thanks alot for the reply.
Could you please post a link to the post where the explanation is.....
sad :( I really hope it is possible but perhaps this is why it has not happened yet.

thanks again
Yimmy
_they live, we sleep_

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/60130-newer-version-of-mame-than-0-37b5/page__p__955519__hl__mame%20romset__fromsearch__1&#entry955519

E.-

idarwin said:
Here you go: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/60130-newer-version-of-mame-than-0-37b5/page__p__955519__hl__mame%20romset__fromsearch__1&#entry955519

E.-

nice. thx
yeah seems it is a bigger problem than i originally anticipated....

Yimmy
^_^

_they live, we sleep_

I've been using Mame4All 2.6 on my new Caanoo, and it appears to play almost all of my ROMs fine.

But, some of the games which are on the supported list do not have correct colors (and this is not mentioned by Mame4All when it loads these game ROMs). Two big disappointments are Gorf, and Wizard of Wor. Is this just a matter of the emulator needing updating, or ... ? These games work fine on other platforms such as Windows and iOS.

Thanks in advance.

Back