Mappable Buttons Whatsoever

MichaelXX2

Still Fresh
All right, so I've been watching some videos about the Pandora, and it looks nice, except for one thing that's been bothering me. Do any emulators that the Pandora is capable of running have any sort of mapping capability? I'd like to have B and A set up in an ergonomic fashion on the NES, and for the L and R buttons to be save state/load state, and so on for other systems. Do the emulators allow the buttons to be changed like this, and if so why not? If they can't be changed, can Xpadder or something of the sort be ported to it so I can use the emulators the way I'd like it? Most, if not all of these emulators are open source, so if there's a way to change the settings by editing the source code, that would be nice to know in advance as well. I know back in my Dingoo days the constant problem I was grappling with was not being able to map buttons the way I wanted them.

Anyway, I think it's just a roundabout way of saying "Can I move buttons?" There, was that so hard?

I know that the keyboard buttons can be conifured in-os, although Im not sure about gaming controls. I dont have a pandora, so I cant tell you about emulators, however all the good gp2x emulators, which you should be able to play with ginge, support button mapping(nes,genesis), and any good emulator should support mapping.

I have seen multiple requests like this and I am also still looking for a good solution for keyboard button remapping due to a hardware failure. A very low level solution would be best, so it doesn't depend on other software like X.
I can imagine a solution that is included in minimenu. A small script that only uses a configuration for a certain program before running. Configuration file that could be adjusted with an editor.

Something like this is not available as far as I know, so we probably need a dev to support this. Skeezix maybe?

Back