March 13th Is Coming Up.

:blink:

Well, I'm not sure this is the actual topic of THIS thread... but fresh pre-orders may still be possible (I'm pretty sure re-pre-orders have closed now though).

Why don't you try asking openpandorasales@gmail.com or call +44 191 243 2253 if you'd like to buy one? $330 IIRC!

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for it DSMan...I didn't think it possible..but just ordered mine a couple of days ago for the first batch....those who drop out are our gain!

Please - for the love of spaghetti monster, please let me have my Pandora before the 18th May when I goto America or I might throw an almighty paddy!!! It's the whole reason I bought it, well a large part anyway.

The batteries, TV cables & Cases also have to be made before shipping can begin.
I'm guessing the batteries won't get the go ahead until CE/FCC testing is done?

Zeno's Pandora: everytime we approach a projected release, the release is delayed half again the previous wait time. Will the Pandora ever be released?

I'm fine with ED showing a keymat and saying, "This is it. We are not taking any suggestions. If there are errors please let me know, otherwise in two days, if no one finds a problem, this is what is getting made."

I would like things to be 'finalized' is all. Need to set deadlines. Tomorrow is the deadline for "Wait for the last remaining pieces for mass production "

I don't know what that means, but I am glad shit is getting done. Is this vague sentence getting done tomorrow? That's a concern as well.

I suspect that the reason we haven't heard much on the keyboard layout lately is simply because every mention results in a hubub and 3 polls as to who we ought to hang, and why. It may be perceived as better to announce "The layout was finished and manufacturing has begun", so we may not hear about the design until the keymats are being made :)

Me too. I'd quite like to see a Pandora - if I want drama, well that's what I pay my TV license for.

20atnch.png

anyway, i dont really have any issues with timing right now. sure, I want it, but the deadlines that I originally wanted it by, which was a long plane trip and an upcoming lan party, both will be missed. so while i obviously want it, i dont feel like other people here who 'need' it by a certain date or else they will be extremely bored.

I'm not saying I need it.

I'm saying April 1st I fly 3000 to be with family before I spend six months in W Virginia videographing some worldclass whitewater outta my kayak. So if we're 60 days out, I can get it shipped to WV. If we are 30, I'm unsure myself & don't want it getting lost. My fucking bags got lost at London Hethrow, hell. Don't want this experience with UPS & my Panda.

Thanks for listening.

* Wait for the last remaining pieces for mass production (LATEST deadline is second week of March)

So was that 'Latest' as in the most recent information, or 'Latest' as in the most far-off estimate?

Either way, that line will turn into a pumpkin at midnight.

BTW, no one figured the mass production test run into their predictions at the start of this thread, which I would guess could take some days to set up (and a day to run). But anyways, I reckon its going to be some time in the middle of may to the middle of june. That's what I'm telling myself, while hoping it will actually be sooner. This is a bit disappointing, but what the hey, I've waited 6 months or so (since ordering), I can wait another two or three, because, basically, there's no choice!

'EdCa22' said:
BTW, no one figured the mass production test run into their predictions at the start of this thread, which I would guess could take some days to set up (and a day to run). But anyways, I reckon its going to be some time in the middle of may to the middle of june. That's what I'm telling myself, while hoping it will actually be sooner. This is a bit disappointing, but what the hey, I've waited 6 months or so (since ordering), I can wait another two or three, because, basically, there's no choice!
Wow, you must have ordered during the double secret probation preorder period.
I thought ordering began around September 28th. Not six months yet.

'j.pickens' said:
'EdCa22' said:
Wow, you must have ordered during the double secret probation preorder period.
I thought ordering began around September 28th. Not six months yet.

Sorry, you took my "6 months or so" as a precise statement? I guess I should have said "5 and a half months"? Or is that still not accurate enough?

My point was, why count the days (unless you are moving or going away or something as some people are, which will affect shipping; fair enough). It will be ready in a couple of months; that's good enough for me. By then I'll probably have a Rev C beagleboard to keep me occupied anyway. ;)

So I'm guessing it's too late for me to send that check in, then.

'TweeterMan' said:
So I'm guessing it's too late for me to send that check in, then.
I'm curious about this too. I have a order number. But I have missed the deadline for sending the money. Tranzfers took forever to verify, among other factors. Guess worse case I'll have to wait until the second batch when they accept Credit Cards. even though I really don't want too. Just this bank x-fer is turning into the biggest pain in the ass ive ever ran into.

~Ty

aaaarrrrghhhhh!march 13 was my bday! if only deadline was mach 14...i could have bought one with my bday cash...:(

Back