Mariokart Ds

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
Well this game rocks, very much worth the wait for all DS owners that have been disappointed up until now of the games.

so far 15 mins waiting for opponent on nintendo Wifi regional, seems noone else is playing wifi. it's also very easy to setup.

I'd recommend this to anybody with a DS, so far i like it better than the N64 version.

Definately getting this game pretty soon. Unfortunately I don't have much "spending money" to get it yet but will be buyin it the instant I have enough. Anybody know how the online play is? Is it laggy at all or pretty much full speed? It would be great to hear how it plays. I know they took out some features from online play but I'm still really looking forward to it.

Also this game is like 35 bucks right? This is the price I'm seeing at the online stores but haven't been to any stores lately. I also only own one game: SM64DS, so I'm not familiar with the price of some of the new DS games. Weren't first party games like 30 bucks? Ah well, looking forward to this game and playing against you guys sometime soon B)!

i bought it for 34.99. and have been waiting over an hour for someone to play online and have yet to find anybody, so i can't tell you how the online play is. bad thing is i don't know if there's something wrong with my DS or if there just really isn't anybody playing, but i'm on the world region, i'd expect someone other than me was playing online.

I've heard it was working fine until I just recently hear from others that they can't connect to any servers or something.

http://nintendowifi.com/global/newsDetails.jsp?articleID=8

It seems they're fixing up some probs but hopefully everything should work great in a few hours. Sorry I forgot to mention, I remembered I read something about that a little earlier just now.

i was able to connect this morning and the game was lag free and ran very good. However, i'm bummed to know i can no longer race with my favorite char. Bowser. He has no chance of winning and Yoshi can't be beat unless you get lucky at the weapons. The guy i was racing against after the first 2 races even gave me and the other guy, who was Luigi about a 2 second head start and still kicked our asses.

Got the game today, and must say I love it.

How easy is the singe player mode though? Way too easy to come first, even on 150cc for the most part.

Online is good (no lag, even when both me and my brother are using the same connection and we're both in the UK), but not perfect; every bastard disconnects when they're losing. Pathetic.

My friend code is: 193333034988

im so much looking forward to getting this game, hopefully the bloke on the market will have it on import on saturday, do the 3d graphics run smoothly though? ive only seen early versions of it running and it looked a bit 'jaggedy', will be the first game since canvas curse for me so i hope its good!!

what i don't get is if you can't talk to people, how do you know if you want to be friends with them or not. or is there a way to chat and i haven't figured it out yet?

what i don't get is if you can't talk to people, how do you know if you want to be friends with them or not. or is there a way to chat and i haven't figured it out yet?

Nope. You have to give someone your friend code, then they give you theres as well else it won't work. It's not a good system at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only two questions about playing Mario Kart online.

1. Are you able to use dial up?
2. Does the USB net wifi thing come in the package with the game? :blink:

well if anybody races someone called gp32fan, that is me. I don't know how to friend code yet, been busy doing the single player mode to unlock stuff for multiplayer to pwn everyone.

well if anybody races someone called gp32fan, that is me. I don't know how to friend code yet, been busy doing the single player mode to unlock stuff for multiplayer to pwn everyone.

On the wifi menu, click 'Friend Code', then 'Confirm Friend Code'. Then, you click 'Register Friend Code' and then put someone else's in.

I'm currently doing Mirror Mode, and it's certainly a bit harder. But why people are calling it the hardest game in the series I have no idea; it's nothing on SMK.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok fuck nintendo wifi, my DS almost took a trip through the window.

has anybody else had this happen to them where you cross the finish line in first and then it bumps you to second for no apparent reason? I had it happen to me twice in one sitting so far.

i don't think its Wifi anymore, but maybe a bug in the game, it just happened to me on 1 player, i passed Mario and was about 1-2 car lengths in front, but when the 2nd screen the picture moved, it moved from 2nd to 1st and then back to 2nd like it does in wifi, when you win a close race. Bunch of crap.

Back