Nintendo Ds

rpgchocobo

Chocobo Tamer
Website
Visit site
Well, I bought my Nintnedo DS today and Super Mario 64 DS and I am gonna give you are review of the console:

How the system looks: Very sleek. It is quite big, and a little heavy I would say. But it has a nice, solid feel to it. The buttons are in perfect spots, making games pretty easy to control. Very nice overall. 8/10

Controls- Said above. The buttons are in excellent spots for games. They are very responsive. the only complaint that the D-Pad is a little too sensitive sometimes, but very nice otherwise. 9/10

Graphics- Wonderful for a handheld. Better than the Zodiac and GP32(no offense guys :lol: ) They look like N64 graphics. Detailed. For a handheld this is quite impressive. 10/10

Sound- I love the sound! It is very crisp, and high quality. you can adjust the volume with a button on the side. 10/10

Games- Well, the launch games are a little lacking. The only games worth playing I think are Super Mario 64 DS and Feel the Magix XY/XX. There were not many launch titles either( I thought that was the N-Gage's trademark :lol: ) Still not bad, but, certainly not the greatest. Madden 2005 looks amazing. The Sims game looks sorta between, GBA and N64 from what I seen. Super Mario 64 DS has awesome origanal gameplay, graphics, and sound. Feel the Magic looks very good, i hope to get this game in the future. 7/10

Overall. 9/10 You must get this system!

Hope you liked my review :)

rpgchocobo

Nintendo are original-I can see what you're saying, but just look at the DS. It's like nothing before it.

And to be honest I can't think of a game I'd rather have than an updated Mario 64.

How is the DS original? It does absolutely nothing that hasn't been done before, the only thing Nintendo did was stick them all together in one handheld.

Edit : Just so you know I'm not anti-Nintendo or DS. I wouldn't mind a DS. In fact I'd rather have it moreso than any other portable games console out now. Still, it's not original.

Edit 2 : But I'd prefer a GP32 2 if it does indeed come out and is as good as I hope.

How is the DS original? It does absolutely nothing that hasn't been done before, the only thing Nintendo did was stick them all together in one handheld.

Edit : Just so you know I'm not anti-Nintendo or DS. I wouldn't mind a DS. In fact I'd rather have it moreso than any other portable games console. Still, it's not original.

Same thoughts as well. Slap a bunch of nonsense features into one machine and hope it sells. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, two screens is an original feature. And the fact that they are all put together means the games can be different to anything else-unlike say the GBA, which is your bog standard games.

i would also like to point out i'm not anti nintendo or anything,but i'm against a company living off the reputation they made for themsleves years ago,and not living up to it apart than in the eyes of the (shrinking) dedicated fanbase they practically make games for.that said,yeah,i enjoyed my share of nintendo games,just as i have enjoy many other excellent games from other companies and consoles.

Well, two screens is an original feature. And the fact that they are all put together means the games can be different to anything else-unlike say the GBA, which is your bog standard games.

Game and Watch?

I knew you were going to say that ;)

Nintendo invented that anyway.

i would also like to point out i'm not anti nintendo or anything,but i'm against a company living off the reputation they made for themsleves years ago,and not living up to it apart than in the eyes of the (shrinking) dedicated fanbase they practically make games for.that said,yeah,i enjoyed my share of nintendo games,just as i have enjoy many other excellent games from other companies and consoles.

I like to think I've got a good grasp of games, and owning God knows how many consoles-I still think Nintendo make the best games. Like you say, there are many other games companies that make great games, but I'd always trust Nintendo to deliver above anyone else.

And you can't really hold it aganist people for liking Nintendo because of all the good they did, can you? Atari made of made the industry, but Nintendo perfected it.

Nintendo may never come back in full force, but I believe the Revolution will make games feel fresh again.

Nintendo in realeasing a mass market two screened handheld, with GBA backward compatibility, touch screen etc for $150 must be applauded.

Plus, I agree with Mark. Mario 64 is my most wanted handheld game, and no I cant fit a laptop in my pocket.

Mario 64 is my most wanted handheld game, and no I cant fit a laptop in my pocket.

Earlier today, while going crazy as I don't have my DS still yet I loaded up a rom of Mario 64, and used the touchpad on the laptop to move Mario.

Yeah, it didn't work well.

Dreamcast was the first console to use 2 screens ( what? they did lol )
ya, Nintendo's been lackin in origionality lately
Woot, Mario! I love mario, but hes gettin passd round like the town bitch
Nintendos gettin to repetative
Now for the PSP , Metal Gear Acid, 3d strategy action card game
I think thats origional, plus its more powerful and dosnt have the world smallest screen ( or screens for the DS freaks )

~Octavious

I'd say that MGS:AC!D looks original yes-although it just proves that original may not always be good ;) Although bravo to them for trying, who knows, it might be fantastic.

I wouldn't say the Dreamcast had two screens. The VMU was more like a tamgotchi, and was an added extra.

Just noticed we're not supposed to be posting here.

screw the DS, i just bought a compaq ipaq 3835 for $130 that is 206mhz processor, 64mb ram, large color screen with touch screen, tons of games, some of which look just as good as some n64 games and has emulators and stuff.

Saying that, i've already played N64 games and Madden, so until something original pops up, then i will not be getting the DS, having said that, i don't expect much originality from the PSP so i doubt i'll be getting that as well, well at least until i get bored from my ppc.

I am extremely happy with my new DS, and Mario 64 (as thats the best game out for it now). I am also happy with how it plays GBA games it looks amazingly crisp now that its BL but i was wondeering if i could use peripherals for the GBA on it. Because i have seen this interesting looking movie player thing.

But all in all i think that the DS will hold me down untill i get a PSP.

Hey who says that i cant have all the systems. ;)

I'm importing my psp on the 12th, but if they ever port ocarina of time to the ds, i'm shelling out the cash for sure.

Back