Nintendo Ds Details

I read somehwere that it will be getting Winning Eleven (PES, Pro Evolution). That's enough for me, Cant wait to use the stylus to run around the pitch, Ha Ha Ha.

Seriously though. Lets hope Nintendo dont over do the stylus.

I'm convinced now though. With the PSP NEVER coming out...and the Zodiac being priced to stupid amounts in the UK (I'm to bitter against Tapwave to import now)...I can get a DS imported for peanuts and if it's sh!te...I'll sell it for more than I paid. It's a win, win situation.

I think I'm really hooked, I keep thinking about the DS. Has anyone else noticed that the ocnsole comes out in America on a Sunday? Is this normal?

I'm very tempted to play on Mario 64, but I don't want to ruin the experience. I havn't played on it properly for a few years now, so the later levels are vague memories. I want to keep it that way, even with all the new stuff.

It's going to be amazing. Best single player game ever included, updated and with new content, a huge multiplayer that will keep us all occupied for years and 36(!) mini games....Wow.

Oh, and will anyone from the US be buying it and Mario 64 on the launch day? Becuase mine won't come for 2-3 days after that, and I really want to know what it's like :D

I'm waiting for Chrimbo for mine, for a number of reasons:

1. Waiting to see how things pan out - special offers etc, user reviews and so on....

2. See how emualtion and other stuff develops.

3. More games to chose from.

3. Getting XBOX Live and Pro Evo 4 so that will take up all my free time...as will:

4. Football Manager 2005.

5. It will make Christmas ACE.

6.If I wait for Chistmas I can get it free....as a present.

Holy crap just saw some screenies of the games like Ridge Racer etc Um I heard the DS was more powerful than a 64? than why do these games look like early PS1 games. AARRGGHHH Pixelated trees, shadows with no filters, pixellated roads.....................Oh well at least Mario and Mario kart look up to N64 standard. Wowsa some nasty graphics from the 3rd party companies.

Kop_007 posted on Oct 9 2004 at 09:18 AM said:
I'm convinced now though. With the PSP NEVER coming out...and the Zodiac being priced to stupid amounts in the UK (I'm to bitter against Tapwave to import now)...I can get a DS imported for peanuts and if it's sh!te...I'll sell it for more than I paid. It's a win, win situation.

PSP is coming out in December Japan and January/Februaryish In US like they said all along :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet.

I read somewhere there was loads of problems with it.

Still no exact date though?

Kop_007 posted on Oct 10 2004 at 02:12 AM said:
Sweet.

problems with the PSP? nahh... changing batteries 6 times a day isn't a problem... is it? :p

toxibunny posted on Oct 10 2004 at 05:05 AM said:
Kop_007 posted on Oct 10 2004 at 02:12 AM said:
Sweet.

problems with the PSP? nahh... changing batteries 6 times a day isn't a problem... is it? :p
It has a non changeable battery if im not mistaken (charge 6 times a day :p)

I'll try and get the ds in june, i don't really like importing consoles in case of region problems or anything and i'd like to wait a few months after it's launched for the games i want to play to be released.

I'm still a bit worried on the games front at release though, some of the games i am interested in are stylus heavy ones (Ridge Racer DS) or ones that may not be released here in england for ages or at all (Animal Crossing DS, Monster Rancher, Survival Kids), i couldn't honestly care less about Mario 64 DS , i probably won't bother with metroid prime and i have doubts that mario kart will be released on the date the ds will be.

I have faith in nintendo to sort it all out though, they seem to be doing a good job with the ds so far.

If it's region free I'll get one for Chrimbo. It is out in Japan before Chistmas isnt it?

this is the first handheld i've gotten excited about for ages... i'm thinking nintendo have playtesters to try out things for comfort/playability, and they won't just shove the stylus thing in willy-nilly as a gimmick.

i'm gonna wait until my catalogue offers it. mmm... credit...

If MS don't go into the handheld market, it leaves Rare free to make games for DS and PSP, but could they port Golden Eye even though EA own the Bond liscence?

That said EA have announced a Bond game already.

Back