Nintendo Ds Details

sam fisher posted on Oct 7 2004 at 06:10 PM said:
May be pre ordering 2 on the 20th. But customs?
Awww shit...forgot about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow i just finally found the RR DS page on ign, even if it does use the touchscreen i HAVE to get this.

Handheld Ridge Racer Type 4, (at least i assume it is, the screenshot was exactly like rrt4) handheld Animal Crossing, handheld metroid prime and a 3-D handheld mario kart? I think i know whats has won the console war for me.

Flipside posted on Oct 7 2004 at 07:10 PM said:
Mark posted on Oct 7 2004 at 05:59 PM said:
Yeah I just noticed that lol. Still, it was right...

And Ridge Racer apparantly uses the touch screen to control the car. There's no logic behind that.

>_>

Why does every game have to use the touchscreen even it it doesn't suit the game?

They really should only have touch screen control on games like Caduceus where it is really useful and innovative.

I hope here in england we have clam style cases too, cardboard boxes are a pain since i order most of my games from special reserve the boxes are smashed to pieces in the post.
Look at this
every game uses the touchscreen :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck it, I don't care if it is region locked, I'm getting one. I'll order it at the weekend with one or 2 games. Christmas present sorted.

Did you get to chose the games? Which 2 do you reccomend?

Not all of them will eventually, Nintendo are just keen to show off the games.

Although Regi said that Super Mario 64 DS could be controlled with the touch screen to a certain extent.

This is something that worries me. I'm normally a pretty relaxed gamer-if a game doesn't live up to it's hype, I'm normally prepared.

But this is different-Mario 64 is perfect, and adding new characters might dumb it down a bit, which I really hope they don't.

Time will tell, but I've been waiting for a new version of Mario 64 for 8 years...

Apologies for length of my post, but I'm just so damn excited about the DS!

Super Mario 64 DS
Super Mario 64 arrives on the Nintendo DS with all-new features that take full advantage of the new portable system's dual screens, touch screen and wireless multiplayer capability. New characters, stages and puzzles await players. In addition to Mario, players will be able to play as Yoshi, Luigi and even Wario, each of whom has different abilities integral to collecting every last one of the 150 Power Stars hidden in the castle and grounds. Play through Adventure mode, tons of new touch-sensitive mini-games or battle up to three friends in Wireless Versus mode, which you can play with only one DS Game Card.

Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt
Experience the ferocious first-person action of the Metroid Prime universe on the Nintendo DS in the playable demo. Hone your skills against a slew of enemies in single-player training modes like Regulator, Survival and Morph Ball, then put them to the test when you compete in Death Match arenas with your friends over a wireless connection. Multiple control schemes take full advantage of the touch screen, giving all gamers an ideal way to play.

PictoChat

Keep in constant contact with your friends with PictoChat, a wireless chat program that's built into the Nintendo DS. As many as 16 people per chat room can link over a wireless connection and chat and swap drawings. Hand-write words or draw pictures on the Nintendo DS touch screen, and then send them to your friends. You can even copy someone else's message, edit it, add to it and send it back. Anyone with a Nintendo DS can play with PictoChat...no Game Card is required.

Advance Wars DS (temporary title)
The popular Advance Wars series is coming to the Nintendo DS. The latest game in the vaunted military tactics series features a new battle system that takes full advantage of the system's two screens. New missions will have you commanding air forces in the sky on the top screen and ground forces below on the touch screen. You can also take the fight to the enemy in all-new Survival and Combat game modes. In addition to leading your army to victory with a slew of original COs, you can also clash with your friends over a wireless connection.

Another (temporary title)
Uncover clues to a family's painful mystery in Another, a Nintendo DS specific adventure. The game will feature unique puzzles that must be solved using the touch screen and microphone. During play, one screen displays conversations while the other screen displays character actions.

Jam With The Band (temporary title)
Grab the stylus, choose your favorite instrument and a song and cue the scrolling dots on the touch screen with perfect timing. An unlimited number of people can link up and form a massive jam session, as long as all players are in wireless range and have their own Game Cards. As many as eight people can jam together over a wireless connection with just one Game Card. You can even create original compositions by humming into the microphone.

One-Line Puzzle (temporary title)
One-Line Puzzle is a simple, stylish puzzle game designed to be played entirely with the Nintendo DS touch screen and a stylus. Use the stylus to draw a stroke, flipping black and white tiles to change and match their color. Three game modes and scores of puzzles will put your puzzle-solving abilities and stylus skills to the test. Challenge a friend to a duel over a wireless connection.

Puppy Times (temporary title)
Previously known as Nintendogs, in Puppy Times you can raise up to three adorable puppies and play with them to your heart's content. Teach your pups new tricks: just speak into the system's microphone and they'll respond to the voice commands you've taught them. There will even be modes in Puppy Times that support a wireless connection.

WarioWare, Inc. DS (temporary title)
The Nintendo DS version of the Wario Ware series will feature more than 180 all-new, factory-fresh microgames. WarioWare, Inc. DS will have all of the frantic five-second microgame action of the previous games, but with a touching new twist: you can play every microgame with the Nintendo DS touch screen. Many games will even utilize the system's built-in microphone.

Yoshi's Touch & Go (temporary title)
Previously known and shown as Balloon Trip, Nintendo will release a game featuring the pairing of Yoshi and Baby Mario. Using the Nintendo DS system's two screens and touch screen capability, players must help Yoshi guard Baby Mario and guide him to safety. On vertical-action levels, players must use the stylus to draw clouds on the touch screen to protect Baby Mario from enemies and lead him to Yoshi. On horizontal side-scrolling levels, players must use the stylus to look out for Yoshi as he gallops across the countryside. Yoshi's Touch & Go will features two-player wireless play.

Advance Wars DS

Nintendo has unveiled first details on a new NDS entry in the Advance Wars series of strategy titles.

The game will utilize the DS's dual screen setup for its strategy battles. During battle, the top screen will show air-based maps with the bottom screen showing ground-based maps. Nintendo states that this system will allow for added strategic opportunities as players can choose to attack from the air, proceed on the ground, and so-forth. Other uses of the twin screens may be included as well.

Outside of dual screen support, the game will offer some improvements over the Advance Wars formula that has been successful in previous titles. In Advance Wars, players are able to select a general from a large set of pre-set characters. Based on the selected general, the abilities of your army change. New to the series with this entry is a "General Tag" system where players select two generals and can switch between them in the middle of the mission. Doing so will be an important part of strategy.

The game will also include some new modes, exclusive to the DS. Look forward to the regulars like a Campaign Mode in which you progress through a story, a Trial Mode in which you take part in a quick battle and a Survival Mode in which you clear missions by fulfilling preset requirements. Also included is a Combat Mode which makes use of the DS's touch-panel support for control; details on this mode will have to wait until a future update.

WiFi play will also be included allowing for multiple players to play together. The number of players and other details on multiplayer gameplay will be revealed shortly.

With Advance Wars launching this year in Japan, we expect more details to follow soon. Stay tuned!

Pokemon Dash

Pokemon fans have a lot to look forward to with the NDS launch. Nintendo announced today that it will launch the NDS in Japan with Pokemon Dash, an all new side entry in the billion selling franchise. The company revealed today first details on the game.

Pokemon Dash is a new style of action/racing game. The game takes place on Pokemon Island and has players attempt to become the champion of the "Pokemon Dash Grand Prix."

The game makes use of both DS screens, with the racing action taking place on the touch panel screen. Players interact directly with the touch panel, sliding the touch pen to make Pikachu dash through the race course. Meanwhile, the top screen displays a radar.

Races are set up with check points. The winner of a race is determined by which player gets to the checkpoints fastest. Players must pay attention to their radar and make sure Pikachu beats all the other Pokemon to the checkpoints.

Obviously, this kind of game demands some sort of multiplayer support, and Nintendo is planning something along that lines. The game will be playable by six players simultaneously. Details beyond this number have yet to be revealed.

Pokemon Dash will be using one more feature of the DS beyond the dual screens, touch panel and WiFi. When a Pokemon Emerald Game Boy Advance cartridge and a Pokemon Dash DS cartridge are placed into the DS at the same time, a special Pikachu map opens up in Dash. If you were planning on getting rid of Emerald, don't act so fast.

how can anybody reccomend a game since nobody here has probably played any of them, Since Mario 64 DS is probably like the original and no mario kart game could ever be bad, those would be the two i would recommend.

Yeah, but I am talking about opinions. I wish they would release animal crossing at launch though.My first question still stands.

Back