Married?

Are you married?

• Total voters

SONY said:
I'm engaged, but sometimes I wish I was still single, so that I can go all out and hit with the best of 'em.
Guilt free, I also want to be able to pick up some purebred Aussie skank and fuck her brains out!!! B)
I'm sure this marriage will be lasting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R said:
That's not a good attitude to have about yourself...

Why do people take some things I say so seriously?

Dunny said:
Been with the same girl for 17 years this coming February 13[sup]th[/sup].

Got a 15 year-old son out of the deal. No marriage on the cards, there's absolutely no need.

D.

I'm in the same boat, only 10 years less and no kid. I've watched friends and relatives get married and it's always stressful and expensive. And the divorce rate is ridiculous. Meanwhile a friend's parents have been together for close to 25 years, never married. People always ask us when we're getting married, I just don't see the point. We don't need a piece of paper to validate our relationship, and if we ever get sick of each other, we don't need a judge telling us we should get counselling before we split up our things. If God wants us to get married, he can come down and perform the ceremony, everyone else can piss off.

Ravnos said:
Dunny said:
Been with the same girl for 17 years this coming February 13[sup]th[/sup].

Got a 15 year-old son out of the deal. No marriage on the cards, there's absolutely no need.

D.

I'm in the same boat, only 10 years less and no kid. If God wants us to get married, he can come down and perform the ceremony, everyone else can piss off.

Bang on.

I work (as you all probably are aware by now) as a registered nurse in the UK. I've recently had a discussion with a patient who stated that because I've never been married, I can't possibly commit to anything and therefore cannot be an effective nurse. Basically, I won't be any good at my job unless I get married! The mind boggles, really it does.

And when people ask us when we're going to get married, we say that due to the rising cost of divorces it's most unlikely these days ;-)

D.

There so many stupid Humans of this world and its a shame that iam a Human.
This life here on Earth is a Hell for me and I hope to make the right choice this year for death!

:huh:
Problems with the girlfriend/boyfirend? It's not worth it to risk life, believe me. Too much to discover out there and many more females/males, too.

My wish was to be a woman and to be a good Mum but iam a man!
And there is no way to make me to a normal girl and become a good man.
So love never exists for me, only hate.

EDIT: I know everything about hormones etc. and i take since last month illegal pills what helps me a bit but it cant help me to look in the future like a normal girl, even when i have a lot of Operations (for that i have really pain)

It's possible to get a hormone treatment and do a "Geschlechtsangleichung"(don't know the English word) later. You would officially be a woman then and you could adopt children.

Edit:
Btw, we had a forum member here a while ago, who did it. I can't recall her name though as it was over a year ago.

Kasumi89 said:
EDIT: I know everything about hormones etc. and i take since last month illegal pills what helps me a bit but it cant help me to look in the future like a normal girl, even when i have a lot of Operations (for that i have really pain)
You should go to your doktor and ask for an official treatment. Taking illegal pills is really not the right thing todo, imo. If you didn't do already, you should contact other people in a similar situation.

Exophase said:
Yeah, like someone's really going to put up with me.

(that's a no)

Quoted for the truth

(that's also a no)

I would have said "nevvaarrrrr" as I think marriage is kinda useless and stupid if you split up again. However, girls seem to like the idea of being married to get some sort of confirmation and thats the reason why I would do it if I had a girlfriend I really love.

//Edit: Kasumi89: Thats... kinda heavy opinion. But I largely agree with you.

I plan to get married in the future, when I'm older and I find the right girl. To me, marriage is a commitment, saying, "I'm going to spend the rest of my life with this person." Sure, divorces are painful, but a properly planned marriage is highly unlikely to end in divorce.

Plus there are many legal benefits to marriage, such as family visitation rights in institutions like hospitals.

Aethix said:
I plan to get married in the future, when I'm older and I find the right girl. To me, marriage is a commitment, saying, "I'm going to spend the rest of my life with this person." Sure, divorces are painful, but a properly planned marriage is highly unlikely to end in divorce.

Plus there are many legal benefits to marriage, such as family visitation rights in institutions like hospitals.

If you feel it's right for you, then whatever. I'm not going to tell people not to do it. But to most people, "properly planned" means a perfect ceremony and reception. Also, the divorce rate disagrees with you. But then it is possible to have a successful marriage. It's unfortunate that it's statistically more probable on your second time, though.

And many of the legal benefits are conferred to commonlaw couples as well. In fact, a few years ago, Alberta expanded the reach of commonlaw benefits in an attempt to ward off the "gay marriage" boogeyman. (This failed on that front, thankfully.) I receive benefits under my gf's company plans, we file our taxes together and can use each other to claim spousal exemptions where applicable, etc. In any case, I don't think the government should be in the business of marriage anyway. The idea of reducing something like love to a contract negotiation, and heartbreak into a contractual dispute, is utterly ridiculous to me.

Kasumi89 said:
My wish was to be a woman and to be a good Mum but iam a man!
And there is no way to make me to a normal girl and become a good man.
So love never exists for me, only hate.

Suicide is never the answer. I had a friend like you. She's now exactly what she wanted to be. I asked her if she had any tips and she suggested you try the Crossdressing page on www.420chan.org. Apparently it's full of people who have gone through sex changes and associated operations and the like, and it's a place where you can ask questions without being judged. For your own sake, please check it out before doing anything silly!

Traditionally my parents and relatives have always married, though a couple of my brothers don't want anything to do with it though. Times are changing it seems.

I'm not bothered about it really. If I love someone and they want to get married, that's cool with me. If they don't, that's cool with me. If they aren't bothered about it either, then I guess we just see what happens in the future.

I know my parents would prefer I get married though, just to keep family tradition going. :rolleyes:

Heh, too bad my chances of marrying anyone any time soon is near 0, I don't have a girlfriend.

MDave said:
Heh, too bad my chances of marrying anyone any time soon is near 0, I don't have a girlfriend.

Thai Bride?

trooper said:
Dunny said:
Been with the same girl for 17 years, No marriage on the cards, there's absolutely no need.
I couldn't agree with you more, Why spoil it ?, What is there to prove ?.
There is one thing I can say to change your minds.
Wedding cake!

WizardStan said:
trooper said:
Dunny said:
Been with the same girl for 17 years, No marriage on the cards, there's absolutely no need.
I couldn't agree with you more, Why spoil it ?, What is there to prove ?.
There is one thing I can say to change your minds.
Wedding cake!

You don't have to have a wedding to buy one of those. Though it would be a little weird.

Back