Marvel Vs Capcom

Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
I loaded this one up a couple of days ago and finally got to pay it. I made it thought the first two stages and reached the 3rd to get an error:

out of memory
tried to allocate: 28533 bytes
for: Allocbitmap
(in use = 7191344 bytes)

Is this just a case of it being a demo or a GP32 specific issue? Prehaps something to be fixed in the future?

EDIT: My bad, I meant to type Xmen Vs Street fighter, I guess I was playing the PS2 version too long today.

What game are you referring to? Is this MvC on an emu or some sort of mod for a game?

yeah I typed it in thinking something else and cant change the title like can can in a couple of other forums. I figured rather than start another thread I should just keep this one and people would figure it out eventually.

Also the first error was using Ryu. I went through again with Sakura and got:

out of memory
tried to allocate: 12399 bytes
for: loadsprite
(in use = 7196305 bytes)

yeah I typed it in thinking something else and cant change the title like can can in a couple of other forums. I figured rather than start another thread I should just keep this one and people would figure it out eventually.

Also the first error was using Ryu. I went through again with Sakura and got:

out of memory
tried to allocate: 12399 bytes
for: loadsprite
(in use = 7196305 bytes)

I think it's because on that level there are too many big enemies and they use too much memory. I think the problem is the Sentinals and Nimrod use so much memory.
I tried reducing the animation on the Sentinals and Nimrod but after that i got an error saying: out of memory, tried to allocate XXXXX [can't remember the actual numbers, sorry] for: loadbitmaps....i'm not sure how to fix this though :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a known issue, as djchk points out, there simple isn't enough memory on the GP32 to handle the size of sprite. The GP32 has 8MB of memory, and 7.xx is used by BOR at the time it tries to load the sprites. The sprites it's trying to load are too big to fit into the remaining memory and as such the memory allocation fails.

Having looked at this, I don't think and amout of optimisation is going to reduce the amount of memory used to allow this mod to work fully.

Sorry. I know Squidge is back looking at BOR again so maybe he has a few ideas but from what he's said himself in the past, and what I can see from having released Beta 6, it's not going to happen.

Still there are many more great mods out there that do work so have fun with them.

Back