Mashmods Controller Mod?

birdofprey

Website
www.dontcallmeginger.co.uk
I am seriously considering having a mod done to allow me to use genesis / snes / master system pads with the different emulator. the thought of playing gunstar heros on a megadrive pad intrigues me! The only thing is... its quite a small screen to play on from a distance away. Does EVERYONE think this is a silly and pointless mod? and are there people here who have had it done?

Thanks in advance

This wont actually add any buttons to your GP32, just ones from the GP32 are, say alotted to ones on the controller.

hmmm, personally i think the negatives are far greater than the positives:

-
hacking up your case
only one type of controller can be used
difficulties of holding a controller and the gp32

+
slightly better controll system!

u could have sumthing like this. :blink:

shyte.jpg

V3X posted on Jul 7 2004 at 11:11 AM said:
u could have sumthing like this. :blink:

shyte.jpg
It could put to much tension on the thingy at the bottom, plus it would be top heavy and quite uncomfortable to hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
or you could make a stand like THIS. someone made a real proffesional looking stand a while back with an smc reader attached and it had the gp32 logo on it. anyway that'd be a good solution

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember someone made a stand where you stood up to play
i think he made it out of wood

still there not very portable
i would like a mod though where where you add buttons and change to bios to support them

how hard would that be to do
or is it even possible

I emailed Mash quite some time back, and although the buttons can only be mapped to existing buttons, you can map a button on the controller to two buttons being pressed at the same time on the GP32, so Y on a snes controller could correspond to L and A at the same time on the GP32. This way, any emulator developer could add support for all the buttons on the controller by simply adding this in.

Back