MediaTek announced its breakthrough MT8135

Well, yes and no.

That they don't support Linux doesn't mean we couldn't use it - we'd have to write our drivers ourselves.

However, if they don't give us a sourcecode and documentation for that, it would be impossible.

Well, yes and no.

That they don't support Linux doesn't mean we couldn't use it - we'd have to write our drivers ourselves.

However, if they don't give us a sourcecode and documentation for that, it would be impossible.
You're an ambitious man.

^

Better not.

Own drivers?

Shouldn't we get some well supported hardware?
MTk is a gigantic company, they simply don't care about small communities like us. No one has ever got anything from them.

People are using MTK chips because they are great for android.

One the other hand, no one has ever asked for that. There isn't an open source community in China (its main market), and may be those tainwanese dudes will take a liking at ED.

Who don't like a long haired gentleman anyway? We can't give them much, but our device can surely show people what really can be done on their chips.

My spider sense tells me that there is an good opportunity around. MTK only makes power saving chips before, this time it seems to me they want to enter the major market.

If we can have that source code and documentation ED was talking about, our product can help them getting into this already crowded market.

It sounds like a good deal to me. :)

Back