MegaMan Legends 3! BOOYAH!!

Prometheus

Yeheheheheee!

Nearly a decade after the second installment, Capcom announced MegaMan Legends 3 about half an hour ago - it'll be for the Nintendo 3DS.

I just wanted to share that. That is all. Good day to you all. :)

I've never known such a megaman fan such as yourself, Pro.

Come to think of it, I've never known a girl to be so into videogames! :)

Didn't you say you weren't particularly fond of MegaMan Legends? Or am I just talking smack?

Didn't you say you weren't particularly fond of MegaMan Legends? Or am I just talking smack?
I did, yes. :lol: It's not my least favourite series, though*, so I am still pleased to see this regardless. Also, the fact that it's on a handheld should hopefully cut out a lot of the fluff (which is what I take issue with) and up the pace a bit. Hopefully it'll be more like the first game (which had some good fundamentals - you could get lost, much like you could in the first The Legend of Zelda, and this was dangerous, which was really awesome; The use of ambient noise was very well done, also; My gripe here is that the linear fields were so damn huge and sparse, so brought a lot of needless trudging around into the proceedings), rather than the second (where, before you can even get started, you have to go through about half-an-hour's worth of cutscenes AND a forced exam that must be completed before you can actually really play). Of course, if it's like The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, that would be good, too.

*That dubious honour actually goes to the Battle Network series. I don't like RPGs. :p

Woah, you deflected my troll and blew my mind. I'm out of my depth.
And thus, Gruso learned that you can't beat Air Man. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking as somebody who personally loved Mega Man 64 and fervently hopes that the Pandora will eventually be able to emulate Mega Man Legends 2, I do very much want.

I also hope the voice actors are closer to the first game than the second. I've only seen a few videos of the second game on youtube, but what they did to Data's voice was a crime.

^ Ditto on the voice actors (and yes, Data is ear-splitting - ouch!). As far as I know, they seem to be very well aware that the first game's acting was largely better-received than the second's, at least. Of course, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne trumps them all. :lol:

But that relates to the "Classic" series, not the Legends series. ;) It is an interesting game (I can't really call it a mod, can I, since it's standalone? :p ), though it's a shame it's first-person. Queasy-city.

But that relates to the "Classic" series, not the Legends series. ;) It is an interesting game (I can't really call it a mod, can I, since it's standalone? :p ), though it's a shame it's first-person. Queasy-city.

You get motion sickness easily? D:

That really sucks...

It is the pixilation or movement speed that does it in for you? I don't have a issue playing that mod so... I dunno. :blink:

I guess you could call it a mod... everyone on Doomworld and Doom Connector does but, whatever works. ^^

Nah, it's not motion-sickness, thankfully - it's more that I find first-person games a bit disorientating, which makes me feel a bit odd. :p There has only ever been one which didn't have that effect on me (GoldenEye 007 on the N64), but I don't much like the genre so it's not a huge loss to me.

Pardon the double-post and the bump, but I just have to link to this and give it major props, as I'm highly amused by it.

It very much reminds me of all the waiting that many of us went through for Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 (and onward, no doubt :p ).

Yeah, I heard about that. He hasn't done anything directly relating to game development in years (I can scarcely remember a time when he wasn't simply listed under "Special Thanks"), so I doubt it's going to affect anything. :p New blood is needed so that output doesn't stagnate, and from what I've read he felt/recognised that there was no further he could go at the company - this sounds perfectly sensible to me. I can only imagine how anyone who hero-worships game developers might be reacting.

It does cast some doubt on the assumption that Legends 3 is a "vanity project", though, because clearly Inafune-san won't be working on it. This is a good thing, in my view, as vanity projects often don't turn out too well.

some images, of course to no surprise, they went with the first thing that bothered me in legends 1 & 2...they went with the no helmet mega man look

MD4ij.png
pic0419_01.jpg
pic0419_02.jpg
pic0419_03.jpg
pic0419_04.jpg
pic0419_05.jpg

pic0419_06.jpg
pic0419_07.jpg
pic0419_08.jpg
pic0419_09.jpg
pic0419_10.jpg

some images, of course to no surprise, they went with the first thing that bothered me in legends 1 & 2...they went with the no helmet mega man look
Well of course they did. :p At that point in the saga that is the series as a whole, neither robots or humans are technically around anymore (what's left is the Carbons, who are sort of a bit of both), and helmets are only needed when digging for junk and for treasure. You do get a helmet - you just have to build it first. ;)

Incidentally, have you voted in the poll for which of those three armour designs to go with, from the first picture that you linked to?

Back