Merry Christmas -- Warcraft 2 Dos On Pandora!

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
(Christmas is not Dec 25th, its shipping day, didn't you know? :)

I posted to my blog here:
http://www.codejedi.com/cgi-bin/blog.cgi/e...1wc2dosbox.blog

The screenshot is here:
http://www.codejedi.com/blogmedia/entertai.../wc2pandora.jpg

Sorry for the dark and lack of hardware pr0n ,but its late, my lightbulb just burned out. No video because sleeping baby in the next room and I'm sick. But when you're too sick to code, you can sure as hell plug UISB gadgets into your pandora mk2 dev board right? :)

Summary: Warcraft 2, installed from an actual CD (and its a bastard to get that to work by the way, I installed it on another machine and moved the resulting stuff over and used a CD crack) on a stock unoptimized badly configured dosbox.. and it runs good! Could even push the Panda more to make it perform better, and god knows how well it'll go when Pickle and the boys get to optimizing and configuring right :)

jeff

The blog entry has some serious goodness in it, with regards to other games running well. Wizardry 7 here I come :)

Wait, if this will run, does that mean the Fallouts and other same era rpg's might be possible too?! Thought the most recent we'd see were 386 era games. Awesome news!

Brockway said:
Wait, if this will run, does that mean the Fallouts and other same era rpg's might be possible too?! Thought the most recent we'd see were 386 era games. Awesome news!
Fallout is pushing it. A lot. Warcraft and Command and Conquer was a 486-era, early Pentium-era game, really. I wouldn't expect games that required a faster Pentium to run well at all, and those that did, are Windows-based.

Besides, Fallout was a pig on the minimum system requirements, which was a Pentium-90.

Warcraft II requires a fast 486 or a Pentium-60.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love you. Warcraft 2 is so amazing, I play it still today. I've been looking for a way to play it on the go for so long, and the PSPs PS1 version just sucks so hard.

devhace said:
I love you. Warcraft 2 is so amazing, I play it still today. I've been looking for a way to play it on the go for so long, and the PSPs PS1 version just sucks so hard.
This is great news. Thank you for your hard work and get better soon.

D)

Last edited by a moderator:
the screen pixel resolution is really good. warcraft2 was good, it would be nice to play thief and systemshock on the pandora.

:)
Thanks a lot Jeff!!!!
Great to read about the SystemShock test. Hopefully we get that baby running smooth with some tweaking.
I´m pretty sure we will :)
Reaaaaaaaaallllyyyy appreciated and get well soon!

Back