Michael Moore - Genius Or Jackass

• A very smart man who only uses the truth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A lying tub of lard who stretchs the truth like his stretch marks

• Just Dumb

• Total voters

The most common arguement against moore is "OMG HE IS FAT11!!"...

.........you're on the internet, Argueing over how moore's fat.... You're gonna be 300 pounds before age 30 :lol: .

My view on politics is simple, Republicans are the right hand puppet, Democrats are the left.... The Puppeteer still wins, no matter WHO we vote for.

Democracy is a lie.

Doubt you can get any insightful comments on these forums, since it's predominantly European.

I don't like Bush, but I don't like Michael Moore either. Both are extremists, just at different ends. Michael Moore has the tendency to ignore facts which do not support his claims, which I find greatly annoying. Take his latest movie for example: He walks up to congressmen and asks them to send their kids to Iraq. There was one congressman who actually had a son on his way to Afghanistan, but Moore cut out all the dialogue they had to just show the congressman's weird expression at Moore's question.

I don't agree with Michael Moore in a few issues. For instance, his "Bowling for Columbine," he goes after people who exercise the right to own guns, because some irresponsible parent left their gun accessible to a young child and that child went to school and shot some other kids up. He put ZERO blame on the parents of the child. This is utter stupidity.

I think he's a great one for getting discussion going. Yes, he may be sensationalist, but he's damn good at it. And he can;t be all wrong, no matter what anyone says.

Bush is a fool who lost the 2000 elections, but is still in power.

That ain;t right by anyone's reckoning in a democratic society.

I've started re-reading his books.....my favorite part thus far has to be in the Dear George Letter.

"George, you say your favorite childhood book was 'the Very Hungry Caterpillar', yet this book wasn't published until you were 19."

Doubt you can get any insightful comments on these forums, since it's predominantly European.

I don't like Bush, but I don't like Michael Moore either. Both are extremists, just at different ends. Michael Moore has the tendency to ignore facts which do not support his claims, which I find greatly annoying. Take his latest movie for example: He walks up to congressmen and asks them to send their kids to Iraq. There was one congressman who actually had a son on his way to Afghanistan, but Moore cut out all the dialogue they had to just show the congressman's weird expression at Moore's question.
Agreed, but not with the European part, It seems (well through our media anyway) that americans are very ignorant to the things Bush does, some even believe that there were WOMD in Iraq <_< .

Im not saying all americans are like that though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for the "I like Moore" option, but only because that more closely fits what my opinion of him is. I don't think that he always tells the truth, and he makes connections based on opinion rather than fact more often than I would like. However, I think that he does more good than harm because he is at least POPULAR, so people will at least hear what he has to say and maybe rethink some of the things they previously held to be for granted.

On another note, I can say two things about Americans:

1. Most of them pay almost no attention to countries other than America.
2. Most of them believe anything their government tells them. (EDIT: And then call it patriotism ;) )

This is verified, among other examples, by how many people there still think that Hussein supported Osama bin Laden, even though Hussein's regime was furiously anti-religious.

As a Canadian, I find listening to (American, not World) CNN sickening. I stopped watching it more than 6 months ago because I got disgusted at how diligently they reported word-for-word everything that the government told them as news, even when it was clearly BS and completely at odds with the truth. They had NO shows that criticized/provided a "reality check" for the things that their government told them (unlike the CBC).

Then I heard that CNN is considered "leftist" by many Americans. Yeah right.
For almost 2 years after Sept. 11 it was as unrelentingly supportive of everything that the Bush administration did as any of the other American news stations.

CBC News is much better, IMO. They provided a "reality check" after the Canadian leadership debates last Tuesday, basically saying which candidates lied. :)

Something that is sorely lacking in American media in general. High on opinions, low on actual facts! So how can you blame Moore for catering to public taste?

P.S. I've heard some good things about The Corporation. Is it worth watching?

I don't agree with Michael Moore in a few issues. For instance, his "Bowling for Columbine," he goes after people who exercise the right to own guns, because some irresponsible parent left their gun accessible to a young child and that child went to school and shot some other kids up. He put ZERO blame on the parents of the child. This is utter stupidity.
BOOYA!

I use that argument in my Contemporary American Society class after we watched Bowling For Columbine. But it wasn't an irresponsible parent, it was an irresponsible uncle actually. My instructor tried pulling some counter-point about the mother having to work such long hours and that she wasn't around to watch the kids or something. HELLO???? It was still the uncle's gun, he shoud've been responsible enough to keep the gun out of the kid's reach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't vote on the poll because none of the options really support my opinion on him. He is definately not a genius.

A lot of people talk about selective editing in his documenteries. That isn't all that uncommon. All docos have an agenda.

And he bashes bush a lot because he fucking deserves it. He didn't win the 2000 election, but got in anyway. He doesn't know how to speak english, he has primitive christian values and he is overall a worthless president.

I agree with his opinions far more than bushes, and I beleive in what he's fighting for, but when he takes things to the extreme, it can do more harm than good. Also, Michael Moore is fat lol.

On a slightly different note, there's a Family Guy clip that really shows the American attitude.

Adam West (Mayor) : Hang on, your house isn't in the United States, which must make you, a COMMUNIST!

ARGH!

Peter: ARGH!

Back