Micro gamepads - anyone tried these?

I don't really get it, if you want to play multiplayer why would you need a small gamepad? To make it easier to take with you?

Exophase said:
I don't really get it, if you want to play multiplayer why would you need a small gamepad? To make it easier to take with you?

Yeah just that, was thinking of space in a rucksack or even jacket pockets.

My problem with tiny controllers like that: Big hands. If it's much smaller than a DS or PSP I just can't comfortably get a grip on the thing, and my hands cramp up in short order. I'd have to have detachable handles on something that small, and that would defeat the purpose.

gogeta74_3 said:
And what of the analog nub, D-Pad, ABXY, Start/Select and L+R Shoulder buttons the Pandora already has :twisted:

First player uses the Pandora's controls, second player uses the external gamepad.. I'm guessing this is with TV out. If you ask me, whoever has the TV should just keep the controller with them.

I'm hoping the OP doesn't intend to play two player games while sharing the Pandora's screen.

There are somewhat portable screens you can keep in a backpack. I recall my cousin having a portable gamecube that hooked up to some small display via composite cables.

gogeta74_3 said:
There are somewhat portable screens you can keep in a backpack. I recall my cousin having a portable gamecube that hooked up to some small display via composite cables.

You'd carry that around and not a full sized gamepad?

From what I read on the reviews on newegg it kinda sounds like the stick on the GP2X, in fact I think someone mentions it, it's been a while since I read the reviews.

Just buy a PS3 controller, use it through USB until someone sets it up through bluetooth for the Pandora. I like the PS3 controller because you can find the right length of USB cable to use with it, you're never limited to what the length of the of cord some other controller has. One PS3 controller isn't very much bigger than that controller anyway.

I was thinking of being on an airplane, you wouldn't need a very long cord for a controller as the person playing with you would be right next to you. In August I'm taking a 15 hour plane trip with my brother and I'll take the Pandora if it's done or I have a Touchbook preordered if its not. I hear bluetooth sends planes down like a firey comet so I'll use them through USB. In fact the USB cables that came with my portable HDs are the perfect length, 1.5 to 2 feet, there won't bee all these cables going everywhere. I have used a PS2 controller with a USB adapter but the cord is way too long.

Back