Micro Sd Problems.

A

Aaaaaaaa

Had a microSD for six montths, but it just decided to break itself.

Upon inserting it into my computer, and clicking on "Removable Drive E". I get the message "Please insert a disk into drive E".

I cannot format it either, same problem.

The problem is definately with the card itself, as two different card readers and two different computers produce the same result.

I've tried cleaning the contacts with face wipes, but to no avail.

I am using Windows XP.

Anyone have any ideas what I could do?

Cheers.

ive had this problem with sdcard and minisd cards and it seemed to be related to the OS and completely random, on my old machine (xp) it would not read it, and on my mums (xp) it could read it, the card reader appeard to work but wouldnt load any sdcards up (same error you said).

i was using an argos card reader (mikomi) and various other devices, not even the gp2x could format the card (altho it could read it).

it finally formatted on my mums pc, no idea why it wouldnt on mine. if you cant try it on other computers/card readers i dont see any other way of making it work, unless somone has a solution to make XP like the card reader.

Have you tried using/formatting it in another device completely ?, Such as a pda, Digital camera, Mp3 player etc, Or maybe you know someone with such a device. You could try using a different adaptor/convertor for the micro-sd card if you have another one to try.

Let us know how it goes.

Trooper

Back