Midi?

Talyz

Website
Visit site
Are there any midi-players available?
I've tried Lapolla and I wonder if there are any other players that plays Midis.
GPDoom plays midis and doesn't have to load as long as lapolla, so if there aren't any other players than lapolla there should be a possibility to make one, right? :huh:

This has been discussed numerous times. The only good sounding solution for playing midis on GP32 is to convert them to a tracker format, s3m, xm, it, ... You can find midi to tracker converters with google.

damaki posted on Aug 19 2004 at 12:14 PM said:
This has been discussed numerous times. The only good sounding solution for playing midis on GP32 is to convert them to a tracker format, s3m, xm, it, ... You can find midi to tracker converters with google.
It's not nearly that simple. I've tried this many times, most recently when writing XM music for the GBA. Anything produced by a conversion program will require extensive modification before a truly satisfactory result is reached.

This method produces hugely bloated filesizes as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you use soundfonts? If you use soundfonts instead of hardware synths to play your MIDI files, then there is one relatively simple method you could use and actually get acceptable results for GP32 playback. However, it requires at least one piece of commercial software, the proper tracker, and some knowledge of editing techniques.

Back