Midwest Pandora Fest Planning Thread

Well, I'm 37 and never drank a beer, but a bar is fine with me. Need a Panda first so hopefully I'll have it in time.
I want mine so bad I'm almost willing to forfit the nubs. Not sure what I really would need them for.

Poem58 said:
Well, I'm 37 and never drank a beer, but a bar is fine with me. Need a Panda first so hopefully I'll have it in time.

It's okay Poem, I'll drink yours instead ;) Normally I very rarely drink but during the right group occasions might down a couple several. Actually I don't like beer, I'll probably go much less manly and have some wussy mixed drink instead.

.. with hard liquor probably ;D

Just everyone keep your Pandora's safe, if someone spills something on one it'll be a pretty sad time. Normally I don't really keep my handhelds in the best shape and let them get all dirty and scratched up but it's hard to take a unit for granted when they're a friggin endangered species.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
MonkeyChops said:
My favorite place in Cleveland for beer is The Winking Lizard (amazing selection).

Oh, can we go to the one on Coventry in Cleveland Heights, that's very close to me ;D
WHAAAAT, dude I live right down the street! You've probably seen me bumming around coventry, I'm up there every day, that's crazy! Lemme buy you a slice of pizza at guys or a cup of coffee sometime =]

Exophase said:
Poem58 said:

It's okay Poem, I'll drink yours instead ;) Normally I very rarely drink but during the right group occasions might down a couple several. Actually I don't like beer, I'll probably go much less manly and have some wussy mixed drink instead.

.. with hard liquor probably ;D

Just everyone keep your Pandora's safe, if someone spills something on one it'll be a pretty sad time. Normally I don't really keep my handhelds in the best shape and let them get all dirty and scratched up but it's hard to take a unit for granted when they're a friggin endangered species.

Just to save face and not seem like a total wuss, due to my pain meds I'm not really supposed to drink. Only in the last couple of years have I even really drank at all. I find some 151 in Cherry cola or in an orange juice and cherry soda mixture is quite nice. Having to drive there kinda makes me need to avoid that...lol

Poem58 said:
Well, I'm 37 and never drank a beer, but a bar is fine with me.
sweet, I'm from the Akron area too, you can be my dezzy. :p
/joke

whats your place in the queue poem58?

Consequence_9 said:
WHAAAAT, dude I live right down the street! You've probably seen me bumming around coventry, I'm up there every day, that's crazy! Lemme buy you a slice of pizza at guys or a cup of coffee sometime =]

Haha, dear god, you're probably one of those blasted whipper-snappers I mutter about under my breath when things are super crowded. Especially when there ends up being this big wait at the Chipotle or BD's. I'm sure I won't recognize you, but maybe you'll recognize me which will be all kinds of delightful awkward.

I live in Saint Louis. There are a TON of different locations to have a meet/greet in the heart of the midwest. There is a LOT of things to do here and places we could have an event. Just throwing it out there. Some pretty cool bars here as well. Some, clothes optional.

There isn't some kind of tangible motivation to actually meet in the western half of the USA.
But...but...San Jose and surrounding areas, surely?

(I seem to remember at least one other person in nearby Mountain View having an insanely low order number, I scored a faulty-nub unit, and surely there are others...)

el_pango said:

(I seem to remember at least one other person in nearby Mountain View having an insanely low order number, I scored a faulty-nub unit, and surely there are others...)

That's NOT what I'm saying >_<

I'm saying that just because the thread title calls for a midwest meeting doesn't mean that there's something special about being in the middle of the western part of an area that the thread starter i...

Eh, you know what, fuck it, I'm tired of trying to explain myself to people ;P

el_pango said:
There isn't some kind of tangible motivation to actually meet in the western half of the USA.

There were a number 4-5? around the bay on the Pandora map. In Palo Alto myself and will get a Pandy eventually. Kind of a topic for a different thread, an actually west thread perhaps.
Exophase said:
That's NOT what I'm saying >_<
I got what you were saying if it makes you feel any better.

Hey when are you guys receiving your Pandoras. I ordered mine March 2009 I am order number 1800 so it might be awhile till I receive mine. The winking lizard is a pretty cool bar. Some of the locations have private rooms for parties and events(not the one on Coventry unfortunately ). I don’t know if they have wifi. I am a drinker but if the majority of interested people do not drink, I don’t mind a non drinking venue.

Have Pandora. Sadly, for you guys > 1000 it's gonna be 4+ months, right?

MonkeyChops said:
Poem58 said:
Well, I'm 37 and never drank a beer, but a bar is fine with me.
sweet, I'm from the Akron area too, you can be my dezzy. :p
/joke

whats your place in the queue poem58?

I would be fine with being your Dezzy as I seriously would not drink if I'm driving.
Supposedly in 1550-1650 which with the multiple queues should be around 2000-2250 Panda's I'm speculating.
If I knew I didn't need nubs I'd opt for a one to no nubber. But not knowing what coolness I'd need them for, haven't gone that route yet.

I had been avoiding talking to you as I would have asked to come see your Pandora being so close and all, but I figured it would be so awesome that it would escalate into a battle in which I would be killed. So I just sit here quietly waiting. :p
I'm supposed to be helping with a game with Monk and Pleng but currently the router my net access is through only gives me minutes at a time if at all of connection. Never ending problems here. So much to do and nothing ever works!!!

Exophase said:
Have Pandora. Sadly, for you guys > 1000 it's gonna be 4+ months, right?

HEY! It's bad enough you had no order but now have a Pandora, that kind of rubbing-it-in is uncalled for sir. ;)
Methinks a 450lb woman named Helga needs to magically appear and rub your nubs til they snap!

mine is essentially a no nubber right now. left one went out completely, right one never worked right(usable once I figured ways around its quirks). I can tell you that not having them is not a show stopper thanks to the touch screen and it was kind of nice to be forced to use the touch screen (I was exclusively using nubs for mousing before). However, you waited this long, might as well wait a little longer to get what you paid for imo. As you said, who knows what fun things they will do with the nubs. Only good right now for mousing and quake. On the other hand, I guess if your good with a solder gun you could always replace the nubs later.

I wouldn't be opposed to meeting so you could check it out. (I'll leave my nunchucks at home :ph34r: ) pm me.

I know the nubs are getting a factory fix and should be even better and that is the only reason I'm still waiting. But as I sit here day in and day out, in pain, no money and projects like Dizzyanna I want to work on, movies and shows I could use it to watch when my wife watches crap like the Real Housewives etc. the nubs are something I am about to just say, forget about 'em! I don't own and won't be buying quake and would prefer touchscreen anyway. Maybe seeing yours will help me make a decision as I'm not sure I really want to wait much longer if that's the only thing preventing it! Eventually I wonder if its possible to replace them with some sort of paddle controller /trackball mod anyway. THAT would be awesome!

hmm, perhaps it would be just as well to have the meet up sooner rather than later so that people w/o pandoras could see them in action and keep the faith. I am sending mine back today and probably won't see it back for a couple weeks. So that will be one less to play with unless we put it off till the end of the month.

MonkeyChops said:
hmm, perhaps it would be just as well to have the meet up sooner rather than later so that people w/o pandoras could see them in action and keep the faith. I am sending mine back today and probably won't see it back for a couple weeks. So that will be one less to play with unless we put it off till the end of the month.
That's kinda what I was thinking. I figured it would be a neat opportunity for those without them to check it out IRL, but most seem to want to wait till they have theirs. There's not much along the lines of multiplayer, so there's no real loss there anyways.

MonkeyChops said:

NO! You sent it back. Now I can't see it! Seriously though. I really wonder if I want to wait for nubs, can anyone tell me what instance I am likely gonna be unhappy if I settle for a no nubber?
i don't see myself playing Quake. I read PSX doesn't need it. Just not sure anymore. Maybe Marble Madness in MAME or something? aside form that?

Neverball? Piloting drones? Robotic surgery? Hollywood Hacking?

Now I'm wondering if I'm going to have any use for the nubs...Thanks a lot, you jerk!

Back