Minimenu skin

You need to extract the zips into /pandora/mmenu/skins on your SD card.

I should really tidy up my skin and upload it to OpenHandhelds

Last edited by a moderator:

Or you could make a pnd with your skin, a script, that asks, if it should install the skin and does it, when the user clicks on ok.

Nice and easy. Also could have an option to uninstall the skin again, if you run the pnd again and the skin is already installed.

This could go to the repo then :)

I

Or you could make a pnd with your skin, a script, that asks, if it should install the skin and does it, when the user clicks on ok.

Nice and easy. Also could have an option to uninstall the skin again, if you run the pnd again and the skin is already installed.

This could go to the repo then :)

I've had my pandora for about a week now, so I think that's a liitle over my head :p .

Where can I get that skin? I might want to try ;)

Ah, I see. I'll try to put something together... maybe later ;)

HI Guys

Quick question; where can I find the two standard themes that are currently included in the firmware? I would like to build a new skin and can only find older versions of the standard themes.

Thanks in advace!

Do you have a Pandora? If so, you should be able to find them in "/usr/pandora/mmenu" or somewhere like that (sorry, don't have my pandora to hand). If you don't, you can always grab my skin linked above and draw all over that, that's all I did with one of the original Pandora skins ;)

Ah great thanks! Thought that it must lie somewhere but had no idea where to look for...

Do you happen to know how much a skin can be customized? i.e. what fonts are supported, if I can freely change the position of elements and icons etc...?

A skin is a directory, in the right place; the directory name is what is offered in the skin-picker in the menu :)

(I'm distracted by a meeting, so blabbing below, hope it makes sense)

As long as the conf and graphcis are all there, it should work; I keep forgetting if I included the fallback code .. ie: if a skin is bad, it should return to the default skin, so that it will restart and work. Usually you can just ejecty your SD to get the nand defaults back, if you buffer it up :) Or does it just blow up and need a reflash? If I didn't get that code in, I really should :) when skinning I usually switch to xfce and then run mmenu from the shell ("mmenu", hit ESCape to kill it quick), so you cqn quickly bring it up to see hwo your changes are looking..

Anyway, you can customize the artwork and fonts and sizes and spacing and all that, and a ltitle bit about the position and sizing of the menus.. it is not super flexible, but its flexible enough for you to adjust the look entirely, within a certain range of how it currently lays out, if you catch my drift. (ie: You can't say that the Select menu comes up in a horizontal bar, but you can move it around a little ro resize it, that sort of thing. You can specify the number of rows and columns and spaving, and icon sizes and text sizes, etc, to adjust how the main grid and lists look, so if you want to really cram things in tight, no problem. (It scales all the artwork as specified in yoru conf files.)

Here is an old skinning guide I made up, it should mostly apply; I would suggest getting the canonicle built in skin(s) and copying them to SD (with a new directory name to avoid conflict) and then altering it a bit at a time. This way its no risk -- uif o ubugger things up, just eject your SD and reboot and the built in skin can come up..

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53990-skinning-minimenu/

Thanks for the reply. I read your guide and it answers most of my question!

Regarding the config file; I have noticed that if a bad skin is selected it doesn´t finish the starting process but when taking out the SD card it works again.

It seems that I will have to try just doing some themes and see what is possible. But are there plans to further expand the posibilities? RIght now there are some small things that would make my ideas work better:

• Possibility to change text colour and size and maybe change type to bold when highlighting text (Tabs and App description)
  • Possibility to use different colours for different text (i.e. black on time and battery and white for app description)
  • Possiblity to align text on the right and the left side

Of course there´s a lot of other stuff that could be added and maybe the above things can be done already but unfortunately I have no idea of programming and how I could activate it.

Cheers

Flam

Those items are not too hard to code into it; some things are hard, some things aren't, but those are easy.

How about you get your skin in decent shape, and if you ge that far, I'll do some tweaks to the code for you ;)

jeff

Back