Beta Minitube 1.1

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hello,

A quickie blindly, so please excuses me if nothing work...

I updated minitube to 1.1 : [Download]

As the libraries this depend on _have to_ be on NAND, I've created an installer : [Download]

Please report how these work :)

it works :) same problem as before though with wifi issues not making the videos watchable after a couple of seconds due to data throughput

Just curious why these libs have to be on the NAND and not just in the app /lib dir with some path vars to point to them?

torpor said:
Just curious why these libs have to be on the NAND and not just in the app /lib dir with some path vars to point to them?
Thanks torpor : you made me actually read qt sources, which seams to give me a solution. I was sure that QT use QT_PLUGIN_DIR to set where are its plugins are located (qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer is one of them). But the source say :
Code:
const QByteArray libPathEnv = qgetenv("QT_PLUGIN_PATH");
I feel stupid :blush:

I've uploaded a version with libraries in the PND (the start script contain export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="$HOME/lib/qt4/plugins:/usr/lib/qt4/plugins:$QT_PLUGIN_PATH") at the same url.

Can someone test for me that it work ?

If you have these libs previouly installed, please remove them first :
Code:
sudo opkg remove libqtopengl4 qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
torpor said:
Thanks torpor : you made me actually read qt sources, which seams to give me a solution. I was sure that QT use QT_PLUGIN_DIR to set where are its plugins are located (qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer is one of them). But the source say :
Code:

I've uploaded a version with libraries in the PND (the start script contain export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="$HOME/lib/qt4/plugins:/usr/lib/qt4/plugins:$QT_PLUGIN_PATH") at the same url.

Code:
I get the videos to load but after 3 seconds the videos motion and sound stop but the time indicator continues on. This is with your newly posted pnd. Excited to use this app when ready :)

xopher said:
sebt3 said:
torpor said:
Code:

Code:
Use this instead:
Code:
sudo opkg remove qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer libqtopengl4
Otherwise it'll warn about qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer depending on qtopengl4 and you'll have to run the command twice.

Hi, it would be cool if you could investigate on the buffer issues a little.
Maybe some more prebuffer would work or to calculate the buffer from the throughput from 5 secs. after prebuffering and not from the first second would maybe help.

Thank you for this port anyway.

mcobit said:
Hi, it would be cool if you could investigate on the buffer issues a little.
Maybe some more prebuffer would work or to calculate the buffer from the throughput from 5 secs. after prebuffering and not from the first second would maybe help.

Thank you for this port anyway.
I've started. And I found nothing in the code so far : this is using phonon buffering. I've yet to find a way to configure this.

You could try to port Miro www.getmiro.com .
It is another opensource youtube and more videoclient.
If this works it would be minitubes fault. Else we have to tweak some more.
The program seems to be written in python, what should be easy to port.

mcobit said:
You could try to port Miro www.getmiro.com .
It is another opensource youtube and more videoclient.
If this works it would be minitubes fault. Else we have to tweak some more.
The program seems to be written in python, what should be easy to port.
I don't like snake :)

Well, maybe someone else could try it.
Would be a good comparison.

It works well for me. As long as I just use the 360 resolution setting. 720 (and 1080 of course) doesn't work. Too slow I guess.

tried some vids (all 360p) and sometimes it stops and says that it couldn´t connect to a server -> restarted program and it works again.

most of the time :) it just works fine.
15 minutes flawless trickjumps on my pandora without any interuption
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=event+horizon+2&aq=f
thx sebt 3

As far as I can tell, it depends on the videos you're watching. Some Movietrailers don't stutter and play through perfectly but whe I try to watch e.g. an AVGN episode it starts to stutter right in the opening credits.

Sadly true. Tried to watch AVGN just before reading your post. Same here. Stuttering and stopping.

Musicvids, Starcraft 2 trailers, quake movies all were smoothly played but not AVGN *sigh*

sebt3 said:
So having the libs in the PND work ? (asking so I could update the FileArchive with a _working_ pnd :) )

Yes, works perfectly. Maybe you should create a startupscript, that deletes the files if they are already in the nand for updaters.

mcobit said:
Yes, works perfectly. Maybe you should create a startupscript, that deletes the files if they are already in the nand for updaters.
I'm not fan of the idea of have a PND that will try to uninstall package on each run. But I can create a PND that will just do opkg remove of these if requested/needed.

mcobit said:
Maybe you should create a startupscript, that deletes the files if they are already in the nand for updaters.
Don't, as someone might have other uses for such libs. Perhaps a one time reminder that the program can remove them, but even then, chances are very few tried these builds and chances are they all follow this thread so they'll know already the previous libs are no longer needed.

Other than that, the program works reasonably well avoiding oneself to load a browse to watch videos and, well, wait for an actual flash plugin that works, hehe...

Would it be possible to add 240p and 480p options? as the former would be good for bandwidth gimped pandoras (like me) and the latter for having a pandora native video (an while you're at it, remove the 720p and 1080p as they are useless to us)

Also an option to buffer the whole video or buffer more would be real cool for people like me, but perhaps thats a harder thing to do.

Thanks anyway for keeping updated the thing.

Back