Minor question about pandora

Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
I forget if it was confirmed but does the hinge on the Pandora open more than 90 degrees? (ie. a full 180 degrees) I know it dosent open like a tablet or even rotate but I'm talking about having the same range as the DS.

After the question is answered I'd say this thread could stay upen for simple easy questions that have answers that might have been on the other forum that we dont have access to or are not stated in the FAQ.

It's been stated that it should, but I suppose changes have been made to the case design since then - I would say it's very, very likely, but can't confirm it 100%.

My youngest daughter has walked around with her DS holding it by the base, running around the house and letting the screen flop somewhat. After a few months this has led to a somewhat loose screen that won't hold its angle.

I'm also curious about the design of the hinge. Do we have an ability to "tighten it" if it gets loose? Or should we treat our baby gently from Day 1? :)

I'd suppose anything with a moving joint will eventually suffer from wear, this includes out bodies, so even though the DS is targeted to a youthful audiance letting a child whip it about would naturally result in an irrepairable state.

The Pandora is very likely to have less physical testing (even if it has had some it wouldnt be on the same scale) and thus should be handled with the care that you'd reserve for any nearly 400 dollar piece of gaming technology. I'm sure it will handle normal day to day use though, it's abuse that you have to becareful of.

TrevorBradley said:
I'm also curious about the design of the hinge. Do we have an ability to "tighten it" if it gets loose? Or should we treat our baby gently from Day 1? :)
Umm... both, maybe? If it does wear to the point it becomes loose you could always open it up and stick a shim in the joint to tighten it up again.

Back