Miscs Quirks That I Do Not Know How To Adjust (If Possible)

litphoenix

Still Fresh
Just a few random things to make the Pandora easier for me to use:

Configuration things that can probably be done but not sure how to do:

1) Is there a way to get the enable/disable bluetooth & wifi on the desktop to turn them on and off quickly and easily? (Of a lower priority, this would also go for mini menu, perhaps as a static button or on the select button menu.)

2) For some reason, I have Orage configuration, an Orage calender, and Orage on the panel bar when I go to desktop/XFCE4 mode. Is there any way to turn off or prevent all of these Orages from loading up every time (except for the one loading on the panel)?

Things that I would like to change but may not be possible to configure:

3) Is there any way to make a program appear somewhere other than the default place it drops itself for either the mini menu or the desktop/XFCE4 menu interfaces? (I pretty much drop everything into the pandora/menu directory on the sd cards.)

4) Does the Pandora really have to turn on when swapping batteries? If it is not necessary for the Pandora to turn on when swapping batters, is it possible to turn this feature off?

Weird things that don't really matter, but itchy like a bug bite:

5) Sometimes when popping sd cards in and out, the directories of either of the slots will change, from either mmcblk0pf1 & mmcblk1pf1 being the defaults to mmcblk2pf1. I suppose this is not a big deal, just a weird thing that appears to happen.

6) When I open up the menu in the desktop/XFCE interface, there appears to be no way to close it up if opened accidentally, or opened multiple times (from pressing the Pandora button too many times or tapping the icon to many times) unless you chose some program to open. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks for listening : )

litphoenix said:
Configuration things that can probably be done but not sure how to do:

1) Is there a way to get the enable/disable bluetooth & wifi on the desktop to turn them on and off quickly and easily? (Of a lower priority, this would also go for mini menu, perhaps as a static button or on the select button menu.)
I don't know if this is possible (it probably is, but it's outside of the realm of my experience), but if it's any help there's a guide to assign these things to a key combination in the Tweaks Thread in this section. This would save desktop space, but I'm pretty sure that it only works in Xfce.

2) For some reason, I have Orage configuration, an Orage calender, and Orage on the panel bar when I go to desktop/XFCE4 mode. Is there any way to turn off or prevent all of these Orages from loading up every time (except for the one loading on the panel)?
Right-click on the little calendar-like icon that represents Orage, located next to the clock, and choose to quit. Then, make sure everything else you're using is closed, click the Pandora menu, and choose to shut down. You'll see a little checkbox at the bottom of the window here, labelled something like "Save session for future logins". Make sure that's ticked, and then click on the "Shut Down" button (or "Restart", whatever you prefer). This should cause it to remember that Orage isn't wanted, the next time, if memory serves.

3) Is there any way to make a program appear somewhere other than the default place it drops itself for either the mini menu or the desktop/XFCE4 menu interfaces? (I pretty much drop everything into the pandora/menu directory on the sd cards.)
There is! Put your PNDs in /pandora/desktop to make them appear on the Xfce desktop, /pandora/menu for them to appear in the Xfce menus, /pandora/apps to make them appear in both of these places, or /pandora/mmenu (note the extra "m") to make them appear in Minimenu only.

4) Does the Pandora really have to turn on when swapping batteries? If it is not necessary for the Pandora to turn on when swapping batters, is it possible to turn this feature off?
I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to turn this off, but that said, I could well be wrong in my understanding of this. I'll have to defer to the experts on power-related matters on this one!

5) Sometimes when popping sd cards in and out, the directories of either of the slots will change, from either mmcblk0pf1 & mmcblk1pf1 being the defaults to mmcblk2pf1. I suppose this is not a big deal, just a weird thing that appears to happen.
On Linux, these things are determined by the order in which you insert the cards (or attach the drive, or whatever). If you give your SD Cards a name/label using the operating system you happen to use on your main computer (it's possible to do so on the Pandora, but in all likelihood it's most likely quicker to do this in a way which you're likely already familiar with), the Pandora will refer to the name you assigned instead, which will put a stop to this behaviour.

6) When I open up the menu in the desktop/XFCE interface, there appears to be no way to close it up if opened accidentally, or opened multiple times (from pressing the Pandora button too many times or tapping the icon to many times) unless you chose some program to open. Is this expected behavior?
It's expected behaviour, but I think it might be a bug. :lol: It is known, though, and I'm sure someone's working on fixing it.

I hope I've been able to be of some assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Minimenu has a function to let you assign apps to whatever category (tab in its case) you like.. Which then also applies in xfce. Try hitting spacebar in mmenu to bring up that menu

Jeffphone

for the menu opened by the Pandora button, just hit ESC to close it (Fn + Q)... I've tested on opening it multiple times and it closes every one you opened. if it's not closing, click on a menu header (like "network" or "emulators") then hit ESC and it will work. Not a bug, just a too-obvious-to-be-true method of closing it.

Back