How Do I Know If I Need To Reflash My Firmware?

Stouffa

Only got my Pandora on Friday, so been messing around, trying out various bits and pieces on it (excellent piece of kit by the way). From what I read in these forums, I should have been able to drop all my pnds into an apps directory, and they would appear on the menu and the desktop. They do, but they won't run. I've also found that having pnd's on 2 SD cards seems to not work all too well either, once again, they won't run until I deleted all the pnd's from one card. And last (but not least), is it normal when setting up the default email and IM chat software that you can't actually see all the windows when entering the setup values (ie the ok and cancel dialog boxes are hidden below the taskbar)?

That's my rant over (for now!!)

It might be best to format the card with the Panasonic formatter(see Tweaks Thread). Dialog boxes can be moved by holding down shift/left shoulder button and dragging them with the stylus.

The apps directory must be in a directory in the root of the SD Card, titled pandora (you should also create menu, desktop, and appdata in here, to complete the set :p).

If you've already done this and they're still not working, try deleting and then re-downloading the PNDs - it may be that they didn't download correctly.

I almost forgot, you should also upgrade to the latest Hotfix as the current image that comes standard isn't updated, yet.

mali said:
I almost forgot, you should also upgrade to the latest Hotfix as the current image that comes standard isn't updated, yet.

first thing I did when I got the Pandora up and running was upgrade to the latest hotfix. when the original card didn't seem to be working properly, I ended up copying everything across to the one I received with my Pandora, but put it into the Menu directory (although I had the others created anyway). I've reformatted the other card with the recommended tool, but not really done much with it than that. Other than my inability to get Scummvm working (so far), it's all going well enough otherwise! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
For me is that Firefox now freezes when I open a menu or do a right click, and it doesn't seem to depend on its configuration, or xfce's :( so since I can't fix it and it's a show stopper for me I'm gonna reflash. That, and some more smaller annoyances... Dling 205MB firmware image at a cybercafe at 35KB/s. Coffe got cold 1h ago :D

Back