INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR when trying to launch browser.

rydore

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I searched the board and did not see anybody else with this issue.

I just purchased 1Ghz last week and got all my emulators working except PCSX_reARMed which I've given up on (PND won't even show up on menu).

I've been using PC to swap back and forth PND's.

My issue is, after I connect via WIFI and click the web browser, I get an error which says something like "INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR", and won't open, can someone help me resolve this?

Thanks,

Rydore.

Well there is no graphical web browser installed by default, you need to download one from the repo.. there is an icon but it leads to nowhere.

Where is PCSX_reARMed placed on the SD card? have you tried redownloading it? corrupt downloads are known to happen.

have you created an appdata directory?, are you following the typical placement for PNDs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there is no graphical web browser installed by default, you need to download one from the repo.. there is an icon but it leads to nowhere.

Where is PCSX_reARMed placed on the SD card? have you tried redownloading it? corrupt downloads are known to happen.

have you created an appdata directory?, are you following the typical placement for PNDs?
I did not know about the Web Browser just being a shortcut to knowhere, thank you. I downloaded Firefox, how do I link as Firefox does not open for me, guess cause I have to link it.

PCSX_reARMED is in my PANDORA/MENU directory.

I created an APP directory per other web threads on this site.

I believe there is a way to link the  "Web Browser" menu item to your browser, though since it should show up on your menu and or desktop I gave up trying to link it early on.  Though I use Arora,  I would assume Firefox should be the same:

If the PND file is in /media/(yourcardname)/pandora/apps or /media/(yourcardname)/pandora/desktop

-> firefox should show up as an Icon on your desktop

If the PND file is in /media/(yourcardname)/pandora/apps or /media/(yourcardname)/pandora/menu

-> firefox should show up on your menu, for my arora its under "network" as arora.

Case generally matters in Linux, as I suspect it does in this case,

I noticed you mentioned APP in upper case, the folders should all be lowercase, and labeled as below:

Does your SD card have the directory "pandora"?  "pandora" should have sub-directories (folders) named "apps" "menu" "desktop" "appdata"

I used the system utility "Create Pandora SD Card" to set up the folders for me, you might try that if you don't have those folders, or your's are not working as I described

find the utility:  (menu) ->System->Create Pandora SD Card

I'm afraid  I can't give you much help with PCSX.... I have no experience with that one.

hope this helps!

5. Reboot with the cards inside, sometimes when the card is ejected and injected, the pandora directory is not processed (until you actually browse it with thunar)

4. Download it again. I've mass downloaded pnd's and they sometimes are corrupted.

3. Move it to ./pandora/desktop and check it again (I found I can not launch the pnd from thunar until I at least had run it once from the menu.

2. Sometimes a fsck would do? Ejected the SD without unmounting it first, for example. (terminal, sudo su, umount /media/<card>, df, fsck /media/<mmcblk*>, eject, inject, check again)

1. Do you have the latest OS image? get http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pandoramodelcheck

and check you have 1.8.0.5 R1.54 at least. Here are some instructions: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12490-superzaxxon-v54-final-has-been-released/

Back